Another game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another game

Anyone interested in another one of these games? The forum has been a bit quiet lately.
    So post up to 6 photos of a project you are working on at your daily job and people guess what it is.
    Should be interesting to see what people on here do for work.
    I think one at a time might be a bit slow, so if you post photos of your work or take a guess at someones project after someone else has posted but no one has correctly guessed theirs yet just include their post number at the top of yours.
    1 point for a correct guess.
    If someone is say putting up a building try to guess something like 'chicken barn' or 'machine shop' rather than just saying 'building'.

Ill go first. Ive been working on these the last few days, What are they used for?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Measuring Steel Balls to check for accuracy and sending them out to use as Counter Weights.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
      Measuring Steel Balls to check for accuracy and sending them out to use as Counter Weights.
      Checking for accuracy yes, no to the other 2.
      Measuring and making one group thats 0.999-1.001inch and selling them for more money than the 0.9975-1.0025 group. Anything outside that is junk (33.5% so far)
      The black and red dots should be a hint as well. But technically the black should be blue...
      Any more guesses?

Comment

Not a clue. But can't wait to find out what they are used for. I like how they are incased. Look like ice cubes.

Comment

Ball Bearings?
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
            Ball Bearings?
            The question still is what are they used for so a hint at what they are cant hurt

Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
            Not a clue. But can't wait to find out what they are used for. I like how they are incased. Look like ice cubes.
            Yup, its a lot more work to make them clear like that but the company that sells them figures they will sell better. We were making them a solid yellow. I like the clear, but hate the extra work involved now, lol

Comment

The Red and Blue stand for the Positive and Negative side of a Magnet but I have no clue what they are being used for in this instance.
              sigpic

Comment

All I can say from my forensic investigation is that they cost CAD $119.99
                1999 Toyota 4Runner - daily beater
                1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD
                1986 Toyota Cressida - #stressida hmmmmmm SOLD!!

Comment

Originally posted by RobotKarate View Post
                  All I can say from my forensic investigation is that they cost CAD $119.99
                  Ha, just found it myself! Didnt know the clear ones were online but man those are terrible pictures on their site. And expensive! Wow.
                  Anyway, they are called exposure reference ball cube on their site. Which is dumb but i guess they cant call them exposure balls.
                  With digital x-ray's or just an x-ray on a computer screen you loose size reference when you zoom in and out. So you stick this cube by whatever your x-raying and you have a known dimention which you can then measure other things in your x-ray based off of.
                  Its intended for oilfield use for x-raying pipes as i understand but is being used in the medical field as well.
                  But wow are those pricey...

Anyway, someone else now!

Comment

I was going to say 30 weight ball bearings.
                    Rick
                    1993 Ford Festiva
                    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                    2000 Ford E350

Comment

What are they, I have no clue but they would work well with our wrist rocket.
                      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                        What are they, I have no clue but they would work well with our wrist rocket.
                        Post #9 i described what they were. Would work very well in a slingshot but would make for very expensive ammo... [emoji14]

Comment

Ok, ill post another one, maybe someone else wants to too?

So, what is this/what does it do?
                          Larger version mostly assembled part:

Bottom of the prototype:

Smaller version of the same thing:

This is the main working component of a system with some more parts, but this is enough to guess. Its also the only part i make, the rest gets assembled when its installed and i have no photos of that.
                          The other parts would be abs pipe, a computer and one other part that would give it away if i said what it was...

This is probably one of the better and most revolutionary ideas thats come through our shop that worked. Would probably be a global company by now if it wasnt just 2 guys who sort of suck at marketing...

Last edited by ryanprins13; 08-14-2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X