Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel vibrations

so like everyone here
    my car had a wheel vibration at 55mph {13"} when I bought her, it vastly improved and moved up to 65mph with 'the festiva store' steering rack and new bushings,
    this weekend I fixed the 'loose shifter' problems * worn plastic bushings and the advandceddynamix fix'' in the process I replaced the rubber barrel bushing that is at the end of the rod running from the shifter to the transmission, it connects to one bolt on the transmission housing and is about 3' long , my vibrations have vastly improved again and the vibration moved up to 75mph, soo might be one area to look at to improve things
    didn't get pic

Re-balance your wheels.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
    88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
    88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
    06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

What really helped with vibration for me was a set of yokohama tires.

Comment

You can see if it's the wheels or tires by rotating the wheels and seeing if it makes a difference. Also look for uneven wear on the tread.
        BTW you'll get more replies if you post such questions in the Repair Help Forum.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
        X