The right wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right wheel?

So I've been on the hunt for 14" wheels since about a day after I bought my festy. It has not gone very well locally, at least not with my budget. So I finally found a pair of 15"ers that I like enough to settle. They are 15" by 6 with a +42 offset. Question one is will they fit, which from my reasearch they will. Question two is will I regret settling for the larger wheel. I know some people are running even up to 16 but I've made the mistake of buying wheels that are to big for a platform before and don't want to go down that road again. Then the final question is proper tire size and brand.
    Well I guess the real last question is does anyone have a pic of them on a feisty or at lest the skill to do a decent photo shop.

Here is te wheels:

Last edited by BustaBust; 08-14-2017, 05:55 PM. Reason: Wrong link

They should fit but you need smaller tires. Those 55 series may not clear.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Dang didn't know those came in 15s! Seen them in 13's if those are mazda wheels. 165/50/15s should fit nicely.

Comment

I just ordered a set of 165/50/15 Khumos for less than a set of Achilles from SimpleTire.com. They have a special on them for Free Shipping that brings the price down below the Achilles.
        "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
        sigpic
        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
        "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
        "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
        "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Yes the key is the smaller size tires.

+42 is a bit high on the offset. If you end up setting up negative camber you'll probably need some spacer
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

are the khumos better then the Achilles? tires are like the only thing I don't go cheap on, and as we all know sometimes more expensive dosent mean better. The car sits most of the winter, mostly gets driven on dry summer days or else I'm in my truck.

Comment

I have yet to drive on the Khumo's. I think the Achilles have a tread wear of 400 and the Kuhmos are 340 if I remember correctly. I have the Achilles on my 14's and they seem to be great for the price but they shake a little between 45 - 55 mph. It seems like a lot of people have the same problem with them if I remember correctly so I decided to try to Khumo's since that is what usually what I run on my Sentra.

+42 is pretty high offset though, you might want to add a 5mm spacer to the back wheels at least. Just my opinion though.
              Last edited by firebush357; 08-15-2017, 11:36 AM.
              sigpic
              "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

I will deff keep the spacers in mind, I really don't like spacers or adapters, but if I must I must. once I get them on the car I will see if they are needed. do I need to worry about wheel bolt length or should I be fine with the stockies

Comment

If you go anything over 3-5 mm I would either get longer Wheel Bolts or install a Lug Stud Kit. They have some on Amazon that have a 33mm Shank that should work well unless you like the long look then they have them in 44mm shank as well.

Do you know what Mazda these came off of? It would be nice to know the Hub Bore. It shouldn't be a problem but there is a very slight chance that the rear hub grease cap may hit the inside of that wheel.

"EDIT" The Festiva Hub Bore is 59.6mm, I just looked up Mazda Hub Bores and it looks like there where a handful of them that used a 54.1mm Hub Bore..... You need to find out what these came off of before you buy them.
                  Last edited by firebush357; 08-15-2017, 04:17 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

If this helps any one fantastic #2375 mr gasket spacers fit festy and almost anything else in the world, VW rebbit/golf lug bolts are the right thread & pitch diameter and are longer than festy. Spacers were given to me years ago by a cust. who didn't need them,had some rabbit alloy lugs laying around the day I discovered I needed spacers and lugs asd I was putting on my rear wheels and tires. Don't know if this helps either but I normally would make my own spacers the easy way is grab a junkyard hub and hat style rotor that is the right bolt pattern cut in a lathe or brake machine until it is now just a thick washer with lug bolt holes.I make my rear disc kits the same way turn the drum until a hub and hat rotor will fit it make a 2 piece bracket, 1/2 a bolts where the backing plate bolts, 1/2 b bolts to the caliper. overlap a&b somewhere in the middle and bolt or weld them together after deciding how much if any spacer needs to go between the two for correct offset. This info is just generic based off of my personal expieriences. I have not done a rear festy swap but have done lots of other cars never even touched a festy until the day I joined this forum. Tried to find some pics couldn't find any saved to my hard drive if anyone needs som I can look through my flasdrives.
                    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

These are 1983-87 Mazda 626 GT wheels. You can use this info to find the Hub Bore probably.
                      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                      Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                      Feel free to PM me anytime!
                      Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                      Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Working...
                      X