Has anyone tried this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried this

I may be very wrong but I feel like this could be a cheap header that could work if done right.
    https://www.amazon.com/Protege-Perfo.../dp/B00JA1BNL0

I know people have cut the flange from a Honda header and welded a b6 flange my question is would this header work for the same? It's cheap and I think it would be a could try. Just seeing if anyone has used this type of header on the b6d swap.

1988 White 4 speed Festiva (L)
    1988 Black 5 speed Festiva (LX)

ALSO
    2005, 2007 Lancer ES
    2004 Lancer Ralliart
    1981 F-150 351m

Not a bad idea. At that price its hard to pass up a try.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

see and i was reading threads about different headers and the astronaut had one where he measured the distance between the exhaust pipes and this one header matches up pretty close to what his measurements were plus the ouput pipe should be just about where it needs to go down between the oil pan. i may have to buy a set to check but i am looking at all options before i spend any more money.

ALSO
      2005, 2007 Lancer ES
      2004 Lancer Ralliart
      1981 F-150 351m

Comment

Is it possible.... yes. Is it worth it.... Probably not other than you get to say you have a header on your car.
        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

see but the thing is up here in Washington its really hard to find a Capri to take the exhaust manifold from. there aren't any on eBay, and no local yard has one that you can check. there are a couple for sale but I'm not gonna spend 1000+ dollars on a car for an exhaust manifold. my thoughts is this would eliminate the need to look for a cheap and manageable solution.
          so for say a 60$ header and a 20$ flange i could get the last part needed to complete my swap rather than waiting for something to pop up if it pops up.

ALSO
          2005, 2007 Lancer ES
          2004 Lancer Ralliart
          1981 F-150 351m

Comment

Working...
          X