Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aspire

all season....

here in the north of quebec = not too bad, snow , snow and snow....

trying new continental winter tires this year... 155-80r13

yvan

Comment

All winter long, in fact my Mustang won't even make it up the driveway when it snows.
      But then again it only snows here like once maybe twice a year. :lol:
      ~Jeff
      1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
      1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
      2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

I wont drive mine if its bad out. Feel safer in the van and don't want to get the festy salted up. Ill get it out on nice days to keep it lubed, the van cost to much to drive all the time. Plus I couldn't go without driving for too long without withdraw pains. Having many festivas is the best arrangement. They are very capable in the snow :!:
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

during the winter i usually drive my festiva, still washed once a week to keep the salt off. but during heavy snow i usually drive our surburban
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
          Paulbarrera12.com
          Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

all year long except when there's too much snow to get out of the driveway. sometimes after a big snow they wait a few days to plow and it sucks w/o 4wd.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

mine delivers meals to homebound daily. drove previous one from e. texas to nw ms through ice storm that shut off power in entire west part of arkansas. the fun part was driving around suv's that could'nt handle it.
              91 u.s. festiva L 189423 mi. GL int. , engine started smoking [sold]
              93 u.s. festiva gl 222000 mi. bad engine , parts car [sold]
              1981 ford F-100 400000+ miles ? , looks rough - runs good
              1963 1/2 Ford Falcon 4 door base model , 106000 original miles , second owners

Comment

well, it sounds like from whats here that if you made it 4wd, you could go just about anywhere! :lol:

of course i drive my festy all the time! i gotta get 500K miles! :lol: :lol:
                89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

i've stored mine for the past 2 winters, but this spring i had bought a 90' nissan 300ZX, and if i drove that this winter i'd end up in the ditch so i'm gunna have to drive my festiva this winter

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

cant stop driving it

doesnt matter, my two previous ones saw regular winter duty. heck i bought the skunk during a blizzard, an drove it 60 miles back home in near whiteout conditions, then after chaging the coil, drove it another 200 or so miles for the fun of it. snow is fun, only time of the year you can get away with driving sideways an sliding nose first around corners. here in cali it rarely snows less i get up in the mountains, but thats fine most ppl here freak at the mention moisture.
                    is not sposed ta do that...
                    05 subaru legacy gt
                    1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
                    1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

my last job was at a small tire shop for like a year.

no one makes a 12" snow tire anymore, and 13's are hard to come by.

what you can do is request the most aggressive pattern they offer, or hot knife your own snow tires..

i have done this with great results, but it takes a lot of time, and some practice...

tip: mark where you want to cu all the way around the tire first with a grease pen, or white crayon...this helps keep it even and wont throw the balance of so bad..
                      Later,
                      Ian L.

I need a tUrBo

'92 festiva gl b6 sohc,ported exaust manifold 2" downpipe, cherrybomb, aspire brakes, miata 14" steelies. commuter rod.
                      '95 grand caravan kiddie wagon.

Comment

someone on here posted a site where you can get 12" tires pretty cheap. they even had studded ones. if you search you can find it.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

Working...
                        X