The Ghost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ghost

Well left this morning round 7:30 to go get my new festiva lil over 2 hrs away in lincolnton nc made it there no problem had to jump the car to get it running took alil to get it on the tow dolly because of the passenger side wheel bearing being blown got it on and strapped down headed back home gps said I had an hr left when all the sudden sounded like we got shot at . Got pulled off the road jumped out to find the tow dolly blew a tire and of course no spare for the tow dolly. While my neighbor was making calls I got my multi tool our and start filing the lug holes on a 12 inch festiva wheel took us awhile to get it done but hammered it on there an got us to a tire shop where we got a used tire for the tow dolly . Just made it home round 2:30 will take some pics of the car and get them posted . Might need some help on the engine in the car it seems to be sitting crooked and that might be what lead to the wheel bearing blowing out on it .

Also found out that a stok 12 inch wheel will not bolt onto the festiva so I'm going to have to measure the lug pattern to find out what I have on it might be an aspire swap already don't know though.

Comment

20170909_155946.jpg20170909_155939.jpg20170909_155928.jpg20170909_160008.jpg20170909_160016.jpg20170909_160111.jpg
      Last edited by Green Bean; 09-09-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

20170909_160128.jpg
        Last edited by Green Bean; 09-09-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Yes, nice score. The 1.6 looks like a Mazda 323 or Mercury tracer. The stock Festiva bolt pattern is 4 x 114 mm. Aspires are 4 x 100 mm. Good luck with your Festiva.
          '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
          '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
          '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

aspires have vented brake rotors.

Comment

Well Studebaker I do believe you are correct the rotors are vented but I'm taking the spindle to work tomorrow to measure any way .

Comment

OK yall I need some advice I took the ghost apart on the passenger side today found out it needs a new axle and spindle assembly but with that being said apon further investigation on why the engine and trans are sitting crooked I found structural damage so should I try and figure out how to straighten the drive train or part the car out and then once again I don't have a festiva so I'm going to try and post some more pics and see what yall say.

Comment

20170910_142617.jpg20170910_142611.jpg
                  Last edited by Green Bean; 09-10-2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

20170910_142534.jpg
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Green Bean; 09-10-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Hmm I hear the crickets

Comment

Ouch.

What sort of crash damage? Torn loose engine mounts? Structural?
                        No car too fast !

Comment

Ouch, that sucks. Start looking for a new shell, swap everything over. You weren't kidding when you said the bearing was blown :nightmare:

Comment

It's structural I posted 2 pics to try and show it .

Comment

It also has a blown rear transmission mount . And trying to find a good shell for a cheap price Im not sure I can. I took the cross member out tonite and was able to push the trans side back enough to get it straight but not sure how to keep it there.

Comment

Working...
                              X