?'s aBout my 88 festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?'s aBout my 88 festiva

whats up guys. i have a 88 festiva. with stock everything. the engine has 210,000 miles. it runs great. of course if it sits more than 1 day without starting it has to warm up before going. its a 4speed man. im about to max it out with my new job. mainly i was wondering what type of engine i should get. i dont want like a extremly fast one but def no faster than the b6t.
    well tats bout it.

i would go with a sohc b6 it would give you more power and it is almost a direct bolt in

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304767

Comment

your 88 may go a lot longer than 210K. unless the reason is you want more power, why not stick with it til it dies?
      89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
      92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
      New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

with an 88 its a carbed motor, so if you want something that is a direct bolt in, make sure you get a carbed B6, otherwise you will have lots of fun wiring things up . It might be possibe to simply bolt the intake and carb from the B3 to the B6 head, if you get an 88-89 B6. I know on the EFI ones the intakes are interchangeable. If you could do that you wouldn't have the wiring headaches an EFI swap would give you.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

my car is a 93 EFI, and at one point i had a b6 sohc out of an 88 323 and the intakes were interchangable

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

What about a B8 or BP, were there any years that had a carb?
            ~Jeff
            1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
            1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
            2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

hmmm

from my junkyard wonderings with a tape measure an my internet explorations into mazdas engine histories, the b3 an b6 sohc have the same basic head casting, only the block is different, taller deck with the b6, past that, the only other engines in that family is the 2.2 12 valve in the 89-92 626. an thats a totallu different animal. the 2 liter 16v sohc used in earlier 626s is new to me, an i havent had much chance to study one, most cars using them back east rusted or shook apart long before i was even old enough to drive, almost bought a 323 with one in it tho. couldnt get a straight answer on how it would do on smog.try googleing mazda engines, or go to wikipedia an enter a search for engines. be specific on cams an displacement if you dont know internal codes.
              is not sposed ta do that...
              05 subaru legacy gt
              1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
              1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Working...
              X