Sad face......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad face......

I haven't been to the yard to check this car out but it looks to be in excellent condition. Why would someone scrap it rather than sell it...

http://row52.com//Vehicle/Index/KNJBT05H0P6142349
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Wow, that looks amazing! From the one photo it looks nicer than mine. Very clean too.
    Some people are just crazy. Like the bc guy with the nice green car who wont reply to my messages, or like the edmonton guy who has the $3500 carbed festiva and needs to sell because he is moving. Julian told him if he couldnt sell it before he moved he would give him a good price but not quite 3500 tryin to help him out. Guy said in your dreams..... [emoji23] like someone will buy it over a 20yr newer not beat up or rusty car that gets the same fuel milage... who would actually think you could sell a (relatively) undesirable 28yr old beat up and rusty car with highish miles, completely stock econobox for over half what it was worth new??
    Hopefully someone can pick this up before it gets crushed.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanprins13; 09-19-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

If it's prey nice picknpull will a lot of times sell it whole as a builder. Hope that is what is going on with this one.

Comment

Probably a grandmothers car and she passed away and the poop head grand kids don't know how to work on it or can't get it started because is has 10 year old gas sitting in it... Car looks Great.... Hopefully they didn't damage it processing it at the yard.
        Last edited by firebush357; 09-19-2017, 12:25 PM.
        "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
        sigpic
        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
        "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
        "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
        "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

You mean like punch holes in the gas tank with a forklift and hack the exhaust off?...
          The local yard here is pretty rough when ive seen em moving cars around.
          The edmonton pick and pull seems to try and sell a complete vehicle for more than they can get for the parts. Seen some pretty crazy prices on some nasty vehicles they were selling.
          Can always hope though.

Last edited by ryanprins13; 09-19-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

It annoys me when people just waste Festiva's like that. I see videos on YouTube all the time of people destroying their Festiva. Festiva's should be preserved.
            Last edited by NoahJMc; 09-19-2017, 03:47 PM.

Comment

How dare People disrespect the Festivas like that they should learn Festivas are the best car in the World and there cheap which is good this is a rant to those haters!

Comment

:woc:

Comment

Hey, welcome to the group! Glad you found us!

Comment

:iroc:

Comment

welcomsign Welcome to our new member from Tasmania.

Moderator, the welcome smiley does not exist! Please fix.

Comment

Working...
                      X