No announcement yet.

Help diagnose this noise (bad valves?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also check this thread out. May be able to connect with some other austrailian festiva people. https://fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24697

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

75 Festivas + 20 aspires in one place? Wow! I'll check out the links thanks

So my car is running perfectly again.

Honestly, I'm sure it was the vacuum advance line - somehow it must have got reversed (there is 1 or 2 ways it can connect to the dizzy) - since swapping my back 80% of the noise went immediately. The following day no noise on idle (albeit a very warmer day) and now running 10w-30 oil it's 100% silent under all conditions!

The next test will be trying it out on a cold morning but Spring is well and truly here now so that might be a while off.

I hear you on the B3's... sinking some money into a B3 would be pretty awesome too, completely unheard of here. What I'd probably end up doing given the choice is install a B5-DE which unlike over there (??), is readily available here. I believe it's essentially identical in size to the B3 so it'd be the easiest swap of all. Power output is almost double in stock form. The only thing is, those engines don't do well with Turbo's so that'd be a N/A project, which is fine.

Pics of the vacuum line (sorry they are about 4MB each)

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.
      200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Working...
      X