No announcement yet.

Some Questions from An Aspiring Festiva Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next time you see that car open the door and look at the B pillar there will be an I D tag, it will tell you when it was made, I fear Studebaker might be right about the year but that color also came on the 90/ 91 L the 92/3 came with the KJ Blue or it was also called Brilliant Blue. Any way you slice it, if it's rust free or close to it, I would advise to buy it. keep us informed and we will help you.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Update: Bought it today! It was an 89, which someone noted wasn't ideal, but how often is a Festiva really for sale right on my way to work, right? Went and took it for a test drive, and it sounded pretty perfect and did better on the highway than I was expecting! 80k miles, and previous owner had just done a bunch of work including new brakes/fuel filter/timing belt.

I might post a few more pics later (or in another thread for some advice) but really minimal rust around one rear wheel, but for the most part pretty clean body, and no dents/dings. Gonna be looking to possibly swap the automatic for a manual down the line, but stoked to finally own a Festiva!

Thanks for all the advice and help here!

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Congatulations! Your now the newest new festiva owner on here
          When you get a chance take some photos and start a new thread with any comments about it, questions you have or plans of what to do to it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats malcolmjason!

You won't be disappointed. Such great and fun little cars.

Ryan: So cool to hear someone has lived and travelled in their festiva. I've slept in mine on a few occasions too, I removed all but the drivers seat and fix the floor so its straight and there's a surprisingly good space in there. Can also sleep on the chair but not as comfortable if you're tall like me. I've done both. I'll have to find more info on that guy, see what things he's done that I didn't, I might be spending more time in my festiva soon!

PS: Mines running great again! Just need to organise a balance + alignment due to some previous works, it's very much out of alignment now and tearing up the fronts.
            Last edited by Click_It; 09-29-2017, 09:13 AM.
            200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Originally posted by Click_It View Post
              Congrats malcolmjason!

You won't be disappointed. Such great and fun little cars.

Ryan: So cool to hear someone has lived and travelled in their festiva. I've slept in mine on a few occasions too, I removed all but the drivers seat and fix the floor so its straight and there's a surprisingly good space in there. Can also sleep on the chair but not as comfortable if you're tall like me. I've done both. I'll have to find more info on that guy, see what things he's done that I didn't, I might be spending more time in my festiva soon!

PS: Mines running great again! Just need to organise a balance + alignment due to some previous works, it's very much out of alignment now and tearing up the fronts.
              Yes, iirc he has been in it 10 yrs and a woman joined him 5 years ago, so there has actually been 2 of them living in it for 5yrs.
              See if this video link works. If not type 'peace love car' into youtube and go down till you see a 5 video playlist. They are short but really neat to watch.
              https://Road To Wanderlust: The Peac...Cnwyjy9RVmAtOZ

I slept in mine on the seat a couple times on road trips but ben rogers has a nice setup. He travels long distances to all the festiva meets in north america
              Heres a photo i took when i met him at a meet i went to.
              More photos in another thread here: https://fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60889 the link in the last post in that thread has some of his photos, they are pretty good

Are you interested in doing your own alignments?

Last edited by ryanprins13; 09-29-2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

That's pretty amazing, just watched video #1, will watch the rest later.

Yeah from someone who's slept in a Festiva with and without the seats, removing them makes such a huge difference. But I'm 6'1 tall so that doesn't help. With seats gone it's much more spacious.

As for doing my own alignments, I wouldn't know where to start?
                200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Very good serial. Good story telling and great production value.
                  1999 Toyota 4Runner - daily beater
                  1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD
                  1986 Toyota Cressida - #stressida hmmmmmm SOLD!!

Comment

Originally posted by Click_It View Post
                    That's pretty amazing, just watched video #1, will watch the rest later.

Yeah from someone who's slept in a Festiva with and without the seats, removing them makes such a huge difference. But I'm 6'1 tall so that doesn't help. With seats gone it's much more spacious.

As for doing my own alignments, I wouldn't know where to start?
                    Sorry i never got back to you earlier. With diy alignments there are a couple ways to do it. The easiest is with a string but it assumes your rear tires and axle are good and is only a close measurement. But its quick and easy.
                    The other way is easy if your just doing toe like an alignment shop would and you can build the tools yourself or buy stuff for $80cad or so. Very quick and easy.
                    If you want to also set camber you need to be able to get your car perfectly level and need another $40 or so of tools. Its very time consuming though.
                    Tell me if your interested in any of those and i can explain it.

Comment

Congrats! Love that we such a great community!! I look forward to driving mine everyday!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X