No announcement yet.

Help,Quick serious rust issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case anyone else runs into this, it's not a big deal once the procedure has been figured out.You have to make a jig/template first thing it needs to bolt to your original body mount by as many of the original holes as you can still use. Your jig/template needs to screw to the frame rail in 2 places ahead of the mount area in good metal and in 2 places behind the mount in good metal.Cut out your rusted metal cut a bigger section from a donor. Cut your donor piece to fit using your jig to locate it correctly there are three sections in the rail that need welded you can weld inner and outter and then cut a window to weld through for your captured section. Patch your window. Oops I forgot I cut off the quarter panel first.If you make your template out of something like 14 gauge you can reinstall it as a gussett.
    Last edited by ricko1966; 07-11-2018, 09:15 AM.
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
    X