Is it too early for winter tires[emoji6]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it too early for winter tires[emoji6]

It's currently 30°F, blowing and snowing like crazy. I'm thinking I should probably put on the winter tires. However, here's the forecast for the rest of this week...

Gotta love Calgary weather [emoji34]

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    It's currently 30°F, blowing and snowing like crazy. I'm thinking I should probably put on the winter tires. However, here's the forecast for the rest of this week...

Gotta love Calgary weather [emoji34]

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
    Dang Snow already? I would wait. Well no i would move south...Way to cold there for me.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I always wait, but i have been caught in october snowstorms that made for really terrible drives with summer tires. Last years was pretty bad. Driving in temps above freezing with no snow or ice wears out those expensive winter tires unnecessarily but ive been in the ditch a couple times and nearly slid off the road and into a gaurdrail once because i didnt put them on early enough...
      Even though it snowed this morning and 2 weeks ago im still gonna leave mine for a bit, lol.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Snowed over 6 inches where my boss lives. Heavy wet snow, took a lot of trees down at his place. Snow had mostly melted off his truck by the time i took this but it still looks bad, lol.
        Looks like a bunch of highways were closed because of accidents down by you, so how much did you get? Or was it mostly ice that was the problem?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by ryanprins13; 10-02-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X