What can I save?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I save?

Last year I bought a 1992 Mazda Protege that had been in a fender bender and it had slight front end damage. I got the whole car for $300.

Other than the components to grab for the SOHC B8 swap, what else can be grabbed off of this thing for a Festiva?

Eventually the car itself will be scraped because the shell is rusted and scratched. However, the interior is in decent shape.

I also thought about posting the salvageable components from the Protege on Club Protege if I can't use some for the Festivas.
    88L - Awaiting bigger and better things
    92L - Dead and needs love - was DD
    91 - Shell with title
    92GL - receiving B8 Swap and will be DD

I used Mazda Protege seats in my Festiva. They offer a lot better support than the Festiva seats but they aren't as soft as some other options.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Center console.
      Speedo, which you can mod to fit into a Festy non-tach cluster (I have one in there now).
      Windshield washer stalk and base, giving you an intermittent mode.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
        Center console.
        Speedo, which you can mod to fit into a Festy non-tach cluster (I have one in there now).
        Windshield washer stalk and base, giving you an intermittent mode.
        Do you happen to have a picture of the Cluster Tom?
        "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
        sigpic
        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
        "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
        "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
        "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
        X