Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain-x original product review (on my festiva)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain-x original product review (on my festiva)

I have had problems with my wipers the entire time i have owned my festivas. 2 cars and all 260,000km i have driven them. They dont wipe all that great after a month or 2 and they hop and skip and chatter around the windshield. Strong winds will seem to lift them off sometimes and they dont like the cold. Tried 'helper springs' that force the wiper arm down a lot harder than the stock springs, tried aero wipers and a whole pile of different styles of wipers. I just end up replacing them often with cheap wipers since they dont seem to be much worse than expensive ones.

Well i found this product in our shop a while back. Ive seen it before, never really believed it would work so i never bought it but this was just laying there so i shook the bottle, put a little on some paper towel and sort of halfheatedly wiped it onto my windshield. Didnt take much at all, still didnt think it would work. The wipers i had on at the time i was going to replace because i could hardly see when i used them from all the smears and streaks it made with the water when they wiped. After using this stuff the water just beaded off the windshield and at 65mph the wind just blows it away. In lighter to moderate rain you dont even need your wipers. And when you do use them for heavier rain i no longer had all the streaks and smears, it was amazing.
    We had a lot of rain after i applied this, i never put new wipers on and it worked great. The last little bit it wasnt quite as effective but not worth reapplying yet.
    Its been about 2 months and probably 2 weeks of that i drove in the rain at least one way to work, sometimes both ways. So lets say about 11hrs worth of rain or the wipers being on, i just realized that i didnt use them for lighter rain.
    Its snowing instead of raining now, was 21f this morning and im scraping my windshield in the mornings. So the test is kinda over, lol.

But, if i had bought one of these bottles 10yrs ago i would still be on the same bottle, used a lot less wipers over the years and would have been able to see a lot better.

I just put a little bit on a piece of paper towel and didnt even rub it that hard into all my sandpits on the windshield.
    If anyone else has had a good or bad experience with this stuff make a comment. I think its worth using.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I always use rainx on all my cars.
    I passed a bottle around last year on the way to Madness when it was raining. I use way to much but it works great and works for months. Hardly ever use my wpipers just in town and when I'm doing less then 45. Any faster and it blows right off. I also use there antifog and it works well .
    Last edited by william; 10-03-2017, 08:58 PM.

Comment

RainX is good stuff!! I've used it off and on over the years my vehicles and now the wife is using it regularly. RainX also has a spray cleaner/treatment but I find that the original product works the best. If you apply multiple coats it lasts longer. There are other glass treatments on the market like Rain Away and Aquapel but I've never used them. A couple small plane pilots I know swear by Aquapel. These products are definitely worth using if you live in a high precipitation area. :thumbs_up:

Comment

I used it all the time when I was driving on the interstate alot, back and forth to Greenville Tech four days a week. There were plenty of times I didn't have to use the wipers and could see very clearly.
        '88 L- B6d-Sidedraft Dellorto Carbs-G-Series-Advanced Suspension
        '89 L B3-5 speed-A/C-Advanced Suspension

Project Goldilocks '66 C10 Short Fleet BBW Build
        '65 C10 Highly Detailed Stock Restoration Thread
        '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work
        '66 F100 Full Rotisserie Restoration
        '40 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe Restoration
        How To Restore and Detail an Original Gauge Cluster
        How To Detail Sand Body Panels, Edges, Corners

Comment

Right on, good to hear. I wish i had tried this years ago.
          William- i plan to try their antifog as soon as i have some time to bring my car in and clean the windshield. How long does it last for?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Second what everyone else is saying. Good stuff! Definitely recommend it. The antifog will work for probably about two months for me, here in the MidAtlantic.

Comment

Working...
            X