Transmission help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission help please

Ok so I have a few questions. I have been looking for a tranny and I keep getting the same question is it a 3 bolt mount or a 4 bolt mount? My big question is can I get one from a 5 speed from another year and bolt my transmission mount to it? If I can't find a transmission from another festiva what others cars will should I be looking for? Any help would be appreciated thank you very much.

Are you looking for a stock replacement? If so, are you able to crawl under the car and take a look at what you have? You could use that for a reliable comparison. Or are you looking for an upgrade replacement? I could be wrong but I want to say the Festiva and Aspire are the only ones with this fragile transaxle. There are several Mazdas have swapable transaxles, but many, if not all, require custom mounts. If you are comfortable with some fabrication, go ahead and look through some of the build threads to see what you'll be in for.
    A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
    Instagram: jaredbear82

Comment

Festiva and Aspire are close but they do have many subtle differences.

Comment

Working...
      X