Donating to the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donating to the site

So I have done a bit of searching and maybe I am blind but I don't see any threads about what the donations to this site go towards that are recent. Everything I was finding was from 2005-2010ish.
    So what do donations get used for? How much does it cost a month to keep this site going?
    I heard donating gets you more room in your inbox, is this still true? Is it for one year after you donate? Do you need to donate a certain amount?
    Do you get anything else with donating?

Yes, a Donation will increase your inbox size, and helps keep the servers going. It also gets you a fancy dark greenblue username! From what I know, Brian still owns & pays for the site. Some of the profit from selling Fordfestiva.com stickers at Madness also goes to helping pay for the server costs. The Donation gets you those benefits permanently IIRC.

It's certainly worth it for the website we all love!
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Ok, I sent Simon a message and can confirm that donating gets your more storage and inbox space permanently. It is for sure worth it to keep this place running a free of ads! I was wondering what the cost was more so I would know what a reasonable amount to donate was. It could be $100/month or $50/year to keep this site going, I would have no idea... :p
      But I donated and hopefully will no longer have a problem with not getting messages from people because my inbox is full...

Comment

I donated years ago, haven't done it in a while... should do it again, this is the best Festy resource on the web.
        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Your right Nate, this is the Best site and source for festiva information.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Working...
          X