Engines : differnces between Kia and Mazda specifically BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engines : differnces between Kia and Mazda specifically BP

I was wondering if any one knows the differences between Mazda built and Kia built engines and also did Mazda actually build any B3 engines that went into a Festiva. I am running a Kia B6ME (1.6, single cam, 16 valve) in my '91. A few on here said there is no such animal but I can assure you it is. It has "Kia 16 valve" cast into the cam cover. I have read the Mazda B6ME used B6T / Miata rods. Does anyone know if the same quality parts went into the Kia engine? Then there is the BP engine. When I got the B6ME engine from the salvage yard they were having a "going out of business sale". For another $100 they threw in a Kia BP engine. If and when I decide to use it I would plan on going inside it to clean, inspect and freshen up as needed. Turbo would be a good possibility. The big question is the Kia BP as well made as I here the Mazda is. Does the Kia have a forged crank, oil squirters and other high performance goodies that the Mazda BP does? Are there any known and documented differences between the Mazda and Kia and also known and documented issues regarding quality control and general repairs, break downs and longevity. In other words was my Kia BP ever as good as a Mazda BP? I almost forgot to mention my BP is believed to be a '96 model if that changes anything.
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

I know kia used the Mazda bp (like 1-2 years) and also made their own version called the t8 for quite a few years i think the t8 has quite a few differences id look into the buildability of the cars they came in

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Festiver
    93 L find/5 speed
    BP/g15mr swapped
    Aspire brake swapped
    Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
    stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
    rustful
    maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
    advanced suspension
    kai/skeeter camber
    b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Working...
    X