Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B6D Distributor Bearings - Are they available anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6D Distributor Bearings - Are they available anywhere?

Looking to replace the bearings in my non-turbo B6D distributor, but haven't had any luck finding any. Are they available at dealerships? Part stores don't seem to have them.
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Originally posted by TWFodor View Post
    Looking to replace the bearings in my non-turbo B6D distributor, but haven't had any luck finding any. Are they available at dealerships? Part stores don't seem to have them.
    The bearings for the b3 alternator are available on rockauto.
    Check with the listing of whatever vehicle you got the b6d out of on rockauto, if its not there call a dealership for a part number. Then call bearing shops with the part number.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
      The bearings for the b3 alternator are available on rockauto.
      Check with the listing of whatever vehicle you got the b6d out of on rockauto, if its not there call a dealership for a part number. Then call bearing shops with the part number.

I did check rockauto. I'll try dealerships, thanks

Side note: 500th post!
      Last edited by TWFodor; 10-31-2017, 03:27 PM.
      1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
      1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
      2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Originally posted by TWFodor View Post
        I did check rockauto. I'll try dealerships, thanks

Side note: 500th post!
        At they very least they will be good for a part number.

Nice! [emoji4]

Comment

Never having dis assembled a distributor I don't think they have bearings. I believe they are bronze bushings. If they are bearings, if you take them out of the housing you should be able to find replacements by using the number on the bearings or measuring the dimensions of the bearings. Given the number or dimensions any bearing supplier should be able to help you. Bushings may be a job for a machinist. I once replaced cam bearings on a Ducati motorcycle and was surprised to find they were the same bearings that were used in my belt sander. Let us know how you made out.
          Last edited by Rick the Quick; 11-01-2017, 12:51 AM.
          '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
          '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
          '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Working...
          X