Cheap federal tires worth a shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap federal tires worth a shot?

Fast & Free Delivery! Shop for automotive tires online from over 300+ brands. Have them shipped to and installed at one of our 10,000+ installation centers, making the purchase and installation process painless and simple.

I know everyone swears by the Achilles, but for $117 shipped to my door for a set of tires that will only see optimum weather conditions should I give these a shot.

Yeah, those are a smidge shorter than stock diameter but they should work well. At that price can you complain? You'll pay almost that for mount/balance.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

A full $10/ tire cheaper than their 165/55 14. The 165 tire is supposed to be almost as good or comparable to the achilles, so why not? Sounds like a deal

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I use those in 165/55/14 on my 90. I love them. I’ve also had 185/55/15 federal SS 595’s on my turbo car. They are good too.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I had a set of them for years. Had great luck with them! Lasted a long time and still have a lot of tread. Switched over to 14" wheels and did the advanced suspension mod is the only reason I bought new Achilles tires.

Comment

I have the federal 595 in 13" and they are great as well. Seems like Federal is making some good tires.
            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

thanks for the feedback they are on the way

Comment

Working...
              X