Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hi everyone new to the club! Just wanted to say hi. Just picked up my 1st festiva for $300, needs a clutch. Any advice?

Welcome to the forums! $300 is not bad!

You can get a clutch kit for ~$60 on rock auto. Don't forget to use the 5% discount, there is a thread here that has up to date codes.
    Dark blue '91 B6t + E series
    Something new breaks every day

Comment

Hi! And welcome!
      I have had good luck with cheap $50 clutches in the past. The exidy brand clutch is supposed to be the nicest replacement and its also cheap at www.rockauto.com which is one of the better sites for festiva parts. Heres the direct link to rockauto clutches: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...lutch+kit,1993
      I got a cheap one of ebay a while back that worked. Havent installed the exidy yet, but have never heard anything bad about them.

For other suggestions i would recommend a haynes repair manual. Step by step instructions with photos of how to fix almost anything on these cars for like $20. Even cheaper is the ford service manual that the dealer mechanics would use. You can pick them up on ebay for $15 and they are amazing.

Next would be that the clutch may not actually be worn out. What happened to me is oil leaked onto the disc and caused it to slip. I replaced it but it had 230,000km on it and was hardly worn comparing it to my new disc with a caliper. So oil leaks past the distributor seal when that wears out ($1.50 replacement), valve cover gasket leaks can get oil onto the clutch, input shaft seal on the trans can leak oil, if the transmission is overfilled oil could come out the vent and get onto the disc, if loctite isnt used on the flywheel bolts they can leak onto the disc, if the rear main seal leaks.... you get the idea, lol.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just had an execedy put in mine. Works great.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Welcome to the site, Mr Rogers! There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here, people are friendly and helpful, and you can find parts at the Festiva store. How about some pics of your new ride, we love pics!!!htd
          Last edited by radi8u; 12-03-2017, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I just bought three release bearings on the bay. You might as well change it out at the same time.

Comment

welcome aboard Mr.Rogers.Great people here.
              2005 IASCA WORLD CHAMPION

Comment

Welcome! You need to go check out Advancedynamix (Charlie) in Phoenix! You can PM him on here.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by MrRogers1187 View Post
                  Hi everyone new to the club! Just wanted to say hi. Just picked up my 1st festiva for $300, needs a clutch. Any advice?
                  How are you liking the car so far? Want to post a picture of it?

Comment

Working...
                  X