Shifter help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifter help please

Well I'm finally getting around to putting everything back together after doing the clutch and transmission replacement. I just can't remember how to hook up the shifter to the transmission. I have the factory manual and I can not find it in there. Can someone please take pictures or post it please. Miss driving speed demon.

Here you go.

Comment

Well thanks for the help. Can someone take a picture of what the shifter looks like please. I can't figure out how both of those things go back together. Thanks for the help

Comment

outcast, did you follow my link? Click on the underlined blue words.
        The schematic shows you how all the parts go back together.
        The Ford base part numbers are also indicated on the schematic.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 12-17-2017, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I did click on the link and mine is not like that.

Comment

What car/trans do you have???
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The diagram appears to show the shift linkage bolt in a vertical position where it attaches to the transmission shift shaft, but on every one that I've ever seen it is really horizontal.
              Is that what is confusing you?

Comment

That i figured out. But what do I with that other rod. There is noting to connect it to.

Comment

You mean the torque rod? It bolts to the trans case directly above the shifter input shaft.
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Aww there you go. Thank you. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Comment

Here is a picture of it bolted to the transmission:
                      IMG_2976-001.JPG

There is a rubber bushing with a metal sleeve inside in the cylinder at the end and this stabilizer which slides over the bolt that sticks out on the side of the transmission.
                      Your bushing may have had oil leaked on it and could be mushy. If it is you should replace it with a new bushing. If it has been soaked in oil
                      it will come out easily. When you put a new one in, push the rubber bushing in first and then insert the metal sleeve.
                      Be sure to put the large washer on after you slide it on to the transmission the put the nut on to secure it. This bar is a stabilizer which
                      makes shifting smoother as it insures the correct measured separation between the shifer housing and the transmission.

Comment

Were can i get the above bushing?

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker View Post
                          Were can i get the above bushing?
                          It can be found online and at some kia dealerships. Here is the Kia part number:

KKY0146041
                          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                          Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                          Feel free to PM me anytime!
                          Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                          Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                            It can be found online and at some kia dealerships. Here is the Kia part number:

KKY0146041
                            You can also get them from fourgreen.com in Korea along with the shifter bushings (you need 4) KKY0146062 and the boot that goes on the bottom of the shifter KKY0146090

Check out the fourgreen threads in the forum for lots of information about the parts available from korea. The shipping is expensive but if you order several item at the same time the shipping can be justified.

Those bushings will take the sloppiness out of your shifting.
                            Last edited by 1990new; 12-18-2017, 05:49 PM.

Comment

So I got it all out back together. The old transmission had where the speedo connects to and I can not get that one off. Is there any other way to fill the tranny. It's a 5 speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X