Need more heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BustaBust View Post
    welp. the car has dragon breath for heat now. but it seems I lost track of the temp after my half hour trek to work. about 20-25 min in I acutally had to crack a window and turn off the heat, and thats where it all went wrong. I got out of my car once I parked and hurd the gurgleing from under the hood. immediately popped the hood. the coolant resevior cap busted and was boiling over. immediately turned the fan on( have them wired to a switch). I don't know the extent of the damage yet. hoping I shut her down just in time. I fear the headgasket or worse the head may be compromised. I have to drive it home tonight and will find out soon enough I suppose. I removed the rad shield completely. don't see coolant leaking anywhere else so I'm holding out hope. wish me luck
    That sucks. Did the car end up being ok? Ive done it a few times driving in stop and go rush hour traffic where i forgot to turn the fan on. I'm extra careful now because my switch no longer works, haven't forgotten about it since then, lol.

Just an fyi if it ever happens again the worst thing you can do is shut the car off. Then the coolant stops circulating, you get hot spots in the block, coolant starts boiling and so on. If it gets that bad again you turn the fan on and just let the car idle with nothing blocking the rad. It will cool the engine off quickly with the fan on.

Comment

Working...
    X