Mystery blank switch plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery blank switch plates

Hi all! I am going to be wiring some extra accessories into the 91 Festy GL, and I'll be making use of the blank switch plates on the dashboard bezel, and possibly others. My question is, does anyone know what those were originally intended for? I have the rear wiper and defrost, which takes up the right two, and the dimmer knob on the left, but that still leaves several blanks on the left side. What were those for?

Originally posted by Stanza View Post
    Hi all! I am going to be wiring some extra accessories into the 91 Festy GL, and I'll be making use of the blank switch plates on the dashboard bezel, and possibly others. My question is, does anyone know what those were originally intended for? I have the rear wiper and defrost, which takes up the right two, and the dimmer knob on the left, but that still leaves several blanks on the left side. What were those for?
    Electric mirrors, smokescreen deployment switch, and roof-mounted laser cannon. Not sure about the last two, but those definitely should have been options.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I labeled mine.. Guns, Panic, Turbo, Eject.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jimdigs; 01-06-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Mirrors, factory fogs. I'll have to research the rest.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I filled every blank with a fully functioning option. They include power antenna, fuel door release, power locks, cruise control and security. The extra switches were acquired from Kia Pride and RX-7 cars.

I just found a new switch just like the used one I bought on the bay.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 01-06-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

heated seats, headlight washer, motorized headlamps (mazda 121). Emergency flasher, rear fog lamp (kia pride). adjustable shock absorber (festiva GTX,GTA).

Comment

Does this switch move the headlight via motor? Or, just toggle from low to high beam?
              Will DB switches fit our DA switch holes?
              Last edited by bravekozak; 01-08-2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                Does this switch move the headlight via motor? Or, just toggle from low to high beam?
                Will DB switches fit our DA switch holes?
                ya there is a little motor on the pride lights that move them up and down
                88 L carb'ed (when up in flames of glory)(deceased) 4spd
                89 L carb'ed (died on the operating table (rust))(deceased) 5spd
                93 gl FI (sold) automagical
                89 lx FI megasquirted "luna" b6D+t (186hp 209ftlbs)
                88 L carbFI megasquirted zombie car

Comment

here are some of the kia pride switches
                  88 L carb'ed (when up in flames of glory)(deceased) 4spd
                  89 L carb'ed (died on the operating table (rust))(deceased) 5spd
                  93 gl FI (sold) automagical
                  89 lx FI megasquirted "luna" b6D+t (186hp 209ftlbs)
                  88 L carbFI megasquirted zombie car

Comment

Working...
                  X