Selling Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Car

We decided to upgrade my car and let my son have my car so he can commute to his new job.
    Once I can service the car I will need to be selling it. How have most of you bought you cars?
    We inherited this car. I sometimes see one for sell on the site but not very many for sale on any site you search.
    It would be nice to hear from people with experience buying and selling such a unique vehicle how you have done it.

Are you asking about selling a Festiva in particular?
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Ive never sold one, but the way i bought mine was interesting. I saw a guy leaving a parking lot of our church in it. It was almost gone by the time i saw it. The next week i asked him what it was (i hadnt seen one before) and if he would be interested in selling it. He said he wasnt sure and would have to think about it. The next week he comes to me and says 'you wanted to buy it right? Because i bought another car'. The way he said it sounded to me like he was expecting me to buy it.
      Went to his place, test drove it around the block, paid him $700 and drove it home. I dont think i took it over 25mph on the test drive.
      That was almost 11yrs ago and im still driving it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've sold many "unique" vehicles using Craigslist and patience. Living near a densely populated urban area helps a lot, but one time a fella came from Michigan all the way to Texas in order to purchase a rust-free car.

The folks who want these will be searching for them, even if they live far away. Just gotta advertise and be patient for the right person. Not trying to be crass, but there's a butt for every seat. ;-)
        I am currently Festivaless. I am without Festiva. Non-Festiva. I'm UnFestiva'ed. Living post-Festiva. Ex-Festiva Life. Hashtag sad :'-(

PS - Please send very low-dollar offers. Currently looking to buy, but will have to empty the couch cushions to do so. Hashtag sad, again.

Comment

Craisglsit and facebook are your best options. On facebook you can join several different groups in your area. List the car in each of them groups. People will tag their friends looking for a car. Facebook is really the king of selling cheap cars. It reaches so many people so fast. If your price is right it will sell fast. Craigslist is ok but its become the new home of the nigerian prince. Gotta watch out there.
          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
          1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
          19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I have used craigslist and offer up for other cars, but I not really looked at facebook for buying or selling cars. I guess I need to research that. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Working...
            X