Best CV Axles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best CV Axles?

Needing to change CV axles on my winter car and just wanting opinions on best brands of CV axles. I can get Cardone Select from Rock Auto for around $100, CARQUEST from Advance for around the same price, and USA Industries for a little less. Prices go up from there at the other parts stores. Rock has cheaper ones available but I don't want to cheap out on them, I just want a good quality part at a decent price. Any opinions or experiences with these brands or any recommendations on where to look? Thanks!!!

I have bought from www.cvaxles.com/retail with good results. Scroll down, click on "F" where it says "Manufacturer Listing By Name". $60. But frankly I suspect that the McParts stores get 'em from these guys or some other reliable supplier.

IMO it's all about the boots. You can extend their life, i.e. not drying out, cracking and letting grease out, by hitting them with Armor-All once or twice a year. Same with LCA and outer tie rod boots.
    Last edited by TominMO; 01-20-2018, 09:22 AM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks for the link, Tom. Looks like they have some decent prices. Axles will be next weekends project, just did a catback exhaust today. Muuuuuuch quieter! I was getting a headache from the drone on the highway. My winter car is a '94 Mazda MX-3 GS that I found on CL not long ago.

Comment

Cardone is usually pretty good stuff
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Check Rock Auto and you can use the rock auto discount from the site. I just bought both and paid good price.
          Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
          93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
          X