Floor pan repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor pan repair

Pondering doing a major rustoration project on a Festiva i have.
    Was looking for a thread on floor pan replacement and or repair ect,
    to glean some knowledge first but didn't find anything.
    Direction to a thread, if they exist would be appreciated.

You can buy replacement pans on fourgreen but pull up the carpet and see how bad it is. Mine is rusted so far up the side that there would be nothing to weld a new pan to.
    If you dont want to weld in a new one google floor pan replacement. I dont think anyone has done a nice job on a festiva pan because the rear beam mounting points are usually toast at the same time.

Basically you would clean all the loose rust off top and bottom, tape the holes from underneath. And lay fibreglass on the floor and up the sides. Then pull the tape off and rockgaurd the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

How bad is yours? Want to post a photo? Im just imagining it looks like mine, but maybe its not so bad.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have fixed floor pans that were way worse than that. I have cut them all the way to the bottom of the door and replaced everything from the center tunnel all the way to the bottom of the doors. I trust steel and my mig more than fiberglass patches. What is a good picture resizing program I can install so I can put some pics on here? I keep getting an error code that I have exceeded my attachment size.I weld a piece of angle iron to the bottom of the door jam on the inside before I start cutting to keep things from moving other than that it is measure, cut, trim, weld and lot of common sense.QUOTE=ryanprins13;752871]How bad is yours? Want to post a photo? Im just imagining it looks like mine, but maybe its not so bad.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
        Last edited by ricko1966; 02-01-2018, 09:20 PM.
        30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

fb floorpans1.jpgfb floorpans2.jpgbuds bug rhondas bug tammy0068.jpg Notice on the red car everything from the door down is gone on the driver side and braced with angle iron,door closed. Passenger side is already done in that pic it was identical. As for suspension mounts make a jig that bolts to your original mount location and then bolts to some good sections on the bottom of the car.Cut out whatever you have to, bolt your new piece to your jig,bolt your jig to your car,weld in your mount.
          Last edited by ricko1966; 02-01-2018, 10:40 PM.
          30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Thanks guys.Realistically i probably will end up doing the fiberglass,patch er up and go to avoid the unibody pratfalls,lack of experience and time investment.I feel drawn to doing it "right" and doing it for the experience but expect that mindset to fade when it comes down to it.

Comment

Working...
            X