Check out my new Engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my new Engine.

All 3D printed but for the bearings and fasteners. Took me about a month to put all this together and print out. Took 30 hours to just print the block out. It was a blast to put together though.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Attached Files

Jim that's really interesting and the dedication that it took to create this and the time spent, i'll bet you enjoyed this project.

Thanks for sharing.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

That great Jim... enjoyed watching the video.

Comment

Were you inspired by this video?

Comment

Here are some other photos along the way..
          Attached Files

Comment

If you had a metal 3D printer and a sintering oven, you could make a full size engine to drive around with.

Comment

That's really cool! Good work!
              1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
              1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
              2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
                All 3D printed but for the bearings and fasteners. Took me about a month to put all this together and print out. Took 30 hours to just print the block out. It was a blast to put together though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcgV1Bk3oO0
                Very cool. How many ccs? Maybe you could scale it up and sell 'em as 1.3 replacements! :-)
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

nice!
                  ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                  91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                  1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                  2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

very cool. would love to have a plastic full size shell of the B6T or BP block/head and G trans with mounting lugs. i'd be able to position by hand for mock up in the festiva engine compartment and find the best position for lowering and moving forward and address potential interferences before installing the real thing. but the limited bed size of a home printer would mean days of printing and many pieces to fit together.

Comment

Working...
                    X