Fender flares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender flares

I was thinking about getting some fender flares for my Festiva. The winter was real harsh on my rear wheel wells and the rust is pretty bad. So i was thinking if id get fender flares i could cut out the rust and get the rust under control. I was just wondering what are some of your guys opinions about flares.

I'm a form follows function kind of guy. Are you going to be widening the track and whatnot?
    1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
    1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
    2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      I'm a form follows function kind of guy. Are you going to be widening the track and whatnot?
      I do have 185's on rn with 14" rims that poke just a little bit out of the fenders, and I was hoping to do the advanced suspension mod over the summer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The advanced suspension should actually decrease the poke, since you will be adding negative camber, it will tuck the top of the wheels in more.

EDIT: In the front at least. You can (should) also get a set of Nate's Camber Spacers to help out in the rear
        Last edited by w4rkry; 03-26-2018, 03:26 PM.
        Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
        Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
        Feel free to PM me anytime!
        Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
        Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

If you're going to do the Advance suspension then don't add flares, the camber will pull your wheels/tires back under the fenders. It'll look strange with flares and skinny wheels.
          '88 L- B6d-Sidedraft Dellorto Carbs-G-Series-Advanced Suspension
          '89 L B3-5 speed-A/C-Advanced Suspension

Project Goldilocks '66 C10 Short Fleet BBW Build
          '65 C10 Highly Detailed Stock Restoration Thread
          '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work
          '66 F100 Full Rotisserie Restoration
          '40 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe Restoration
          How To Restore and Detail an Original Gauge Cluster
          How To Detail Sand Body Panels, Edges, Corners

Comment

Hmmmm, thanks for the feedback guys, any recommendations for the rust in the rear wheel well. I don't have any pictures but it's quite bad. I haven't read up on rust repair much.

Comment

Put up some pic's of the rust especially at the reaer suspension mounts. Then we can see if you are talking cosmetic or structural. Can I get a better pic of your wheels,where'd you get them?
              Originally posted by Nsw View Post
              Hmmmm, thanks for the feedback guys, any recommendations for the rust in the rear wheel well. I don't have any pictures but it's quite bad. I haven't read up on rust repair much.

30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Originally posted by ricko1966 View Post
                Can I get a better pic of your wheels,where'd you get them?
                Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.
                Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

How to find me:

Comment

Originally posted by ricko1966 View Post
                  Put up some pic's of the rust especially at the reaer suspension mounts. Then we can see if you are talking cosmetic or structural. Can I get a better pic of your wheels,where'd you get them?
                  The thread w4rkry sent has some info about them, they're civic HX rims 14", and once I'm out of class I will post some pics, it's mainly cosmetic, at least the last I looked it was mainly cosmetic. I'm hoping to fix some of the rust under the car over the summer.

Comment

Yeah, once we see pictures of the rust and know what were talking about we can help you out. Did you order tires yet? And what size? I offer a third vote for no fender flares until you see how they fit. 165 tires with proper spacers wont need flares. There has been some creative patching and rust covering done over the years

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't ordered anything yet, I'm still deciding. 165's are the best width correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Nsw View Post
                        I haven't ordered anything yet, I'm still deciding. 165's are the best width correct?
                        Yup, the ones will mentioned in your other thread. The achilles are nice. Also cheap on ebay, simple tire and so on. Ship for free when your order 4. I think they were $200 for 4 shipped.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, Achilles 165/55R14 ATR-K
                          Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                            Yes, Achilles 165/55R14 ATR-K
                            I am looking to buy them soon, I just gotta find a good place to get them mounted and balanced.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I forgot to give the pictures to you guy of the rust.

Comment

Working...
                              X