Rock Auto ordering problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Auto ordering problem

I have just tried to order from Rock Auto, with three different credit cards, all of which have a positive balance and should have gone through. None of them did. A message comes back that the bank did not authenticate the transaction.

They do not list an email or phone # to contact them to speak to an actual person, and the FAQ page does not list this kind of issue. I never have any trouble ordering from any other website; this is a new experience.

Anyone else come up with this problem with Rock Auto?
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

My last order was February 15th and since then it looks like they have made some minor updates their web application.
    Your problem could be related to those updates.
    I logged in and found the corporate phone number by following the help link through the "About Us" window link.

Here is a link that will take you there directly:
    https://www.rockauto.com/help/?page=6
    Last edited by 1990new; 03-29-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Not with Rock Auto, but with others. When I called the bank, the said no transactions were on the logs. Waited a few hours, & it went through.

I would guess RA computers are down. Give them some time.
      Last edited by cyclonecj; 03-29-2018, 09:33 AM.
      92 Festiva GL Sport 5spd A/C 282k miles
      Power windows, Power door locks, & Heated seats !
      Festiva of the month co-winner June 2017
      Festiva of the month winner June 2018

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
        My last order was February 15th and since then it looks like they have made some minor updates their web application.
        Your problem could be related to those updates.
        I logged in and found the corporate phone number by following the help link.

Here is a link that will take you there directly:
        https://www.rockauto.com/help/?page=6
        Tried calling corporate HQ, on hold for a while, hung up.

Originally posted by cyclonecj View Post
        Not with Rock Auto, but with others. When I called the bank, the said no transactions were on the logs. Waited a few hours, & it went through.

I would guess RA computers are down. Give them some time.
        I also tried this about a week ago with one credit card. Same result.
        Last edited by TominMO; 03-29-2018, 09:37 AM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Called corporate again; he directed me to a tiny link at the bottom of the Help page for emailing. Am doing so now.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            Called corporate again; he directed me to a tiny link at the bottom of the Help page for emailing. Am doing so now.
            I found it too. Looks like that email address is service@rockauto.com

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
              I found it too. Looks like that email address is service@rockauto.com
              Right.

Got a reply. I didn't complete the new Verified by Visa screen, which I thought was optional. And one of the credit cards I used is actually Mastercard. Shouldn't that one have gone through?

EDIT: Turns out I have to enroll in the mandatory new security measures for all my cards to use Rock Auto, and disable ad/popup blockers and enable cookies. Screw 'em.
              Last edited by TominMO; 03-29-2018, 01:53 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I use PayPal when buying parts from rockauto.
                Jerry
                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

They no longer have a phone number that you can call to get help.

Comment

Originally posted by 93FestyEh View Post
                    They no longer have a phone number that you can call to get help.
                    If you have some time to kill, read these reviews from glassdoor. My impression is that the company's solution for customer
                    assistance and complaints was to get rid of all of their unhappy customer service employees. With all that overhead expense now gone
                    do you suppose they will reduce their already good prices even more?

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Ro...ws-E529437.htm
                    Last edited by 1990new; 03-30-2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Went to Verified by Visa, entered my CC, then went to Rock Auto and ordered a part as a test. Same problem. So disgusted. Not gonna use Paypal BTW.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Just figured out how to actually, properly sign up with Verified by Visa. Did it, then went back to Rock Auto for a small test purchase. It worked! So now I can use this one credit card for Rock Auto purchases.
                        Last edited by TominMO; 03-30-2018, 01:32 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                        X