Big day tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big day tomorrow!

Festiva is in the garage for a lot of work tomorrow.

1. Install rebuilt steering knuckles both sides.
    2. Replace passenger side axle
    3. Replace clutch
    4. Redo the oil pressure gauge sender. Going to remote mount it to eliminate leakage.
    5. Possibly redo the the catch can.
    6. Install new-to-me cylinder head. Current one has really bad valve seals and badly worn cam journals.
    7. Will inspect front and rear main seals and replace if necessary.
    8. Install the summer wheels and tires. I'm really tired of the noisy studded winters.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    8. Install the summer wheels and tires. I'm really tired of the noisy studded winters.
    You're gonna jinx us all.
    We have two days with freezing rain this weekend.
    My winter tires stay put.

Comment

Have to say that I'm not impressed with the Spec Stage 2 clutch product. Some of you may recall that I had trouble right at the beginning with the clutch disc being too thick, so thick that the clutch would not disengage. I ended up using a stock disc with the Spec pressure plate which worked OK. Wasn't completely happy with it but put it down to being a "performance" product. Fast forward almost two years and the clutch starts to slip, not all the time but it was noticeable.

I finally got the transmission out this evening and found that the fingers on the pressure plate were significantly worn. The pilot and throw out bearings, which were the ones that came with the Spec kit, were also binding! All this has happened with only 50,000km/30,000 miles on the odometer! Although I have the B6T I am not hard on the clutch... no burnouts or clutch dumps for this old guy.

Fortunately the flywheel is still in good shape as I caught it before it started to glaze from slippage.

So tomorrow I'm going to be installing an Exedy kit complete with new pilot and throw out bearings. So if anyone asks I will not be recommending Spec clutches.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
      X