Things to look out for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to look out for?

Hi, new to the forum here. I'm going to look at a 93 on the weekend, is there anythint specific I should look out for? I'm in Ontario, Canada so rust is the first thing that comes to mind. Any specific areas that are affected by rust more than others? And anything else I should look out for? It has 236,000km, roughly 145,000 miles.
    Thanks, Josh.
    Last edited by BaszaltJosh; 04-18-2018, 11:32 PM.

Hey! I made a video about that. Its sort of half serious and half joking but i point out the important rust spots. The most important by far is the rear beam to frame mount location and it does require you to actually get on the ground and look underneath. One time it was snowy and i didnt really want to get wet and missed some rust there on one even though i thought i checked it good enough... :/

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Watch some videos, read some stuff, ask questions, there's a wealth of information available here.

Comment

Let us know what you think of it when you go look!

Comment

Well, I bought it! It's in okay condition. Some rust on the rear quarter panels but thats it! It needs a bunch of things from it sitting, like a gas tank/lines (the leak is so bad someone called the fire department on me in my driveway), brake lines/pads/rotors/calipers/drums/shoes, a clutch soon, an alternator, wiper motor and a radiator fan. But, I drove it an hour home and it was fine, the temperature didn't go above half! Damn I am in love! Parts are so cheap for this thing I'm shocked! I would post pictures but I don't have a computer. Very excited to fix this thing up and drive it!
          Last edited by BaszaltJosh; 04-22-2018, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Congratulations!!! And that's how the madness starts....

Comment

Nice! No rust where the rear beam meets the frame? Congrats on an awesome car! Post some photos.
              A place most of us like to buy parts is at www.rockauto.com super cheap there.

Comment

Where in Ontario are you? i live in Ontario too and i have a parts car.
                Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

Another Ontario member, hooray!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1990 Flat black Festiva...Mostly stock...

Comment

Working...
                  X