13" wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13" wheels

I want to upgrade my wheels from 12" to 13", I have seen many discussions in the past about this but can't seem to find them now. I want to be able to do it without any mods to the hubs or body and without any issues with my speedo calibration.
    I know this is expecting a lot but I thought I remember reading about this being done, if this is possible what rims from what car do I need to find?
    If I left anything out that I will need to know please fill me in.

Thanks for the help!

Steelies from Geos work. Other than that, there are various vintage and modern 13" alloy rims with a 4 x 114 (is it?) pattern. You might need some concentric axle spacers. The 87 accord 133 alloy wheels on my aspire needed a small 1 mm extra wrap around the axles. These are 4 x 100mm though of course.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by harpon; 04-24-2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ECCustom View Post
      I want to upgrade my wheels from 12" to 13", I have seen many discussions in the past about this but can't seem to find them now. I want to be able to do it without any mods to the hubs or body and without any issues with my speedo calibration.
      I know this is expecting a lot but I thought I remember reading about this being done, if this is possible what rims from what car do I need to find?
      If I left anything out that I will need to know please fill me in.

Thanks for the help!
      Here: https://fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90
      Lots of people do it. Its very common. I have 2 sets of 13in rims and tires. I dont believe there is a tire size in 13in that matches exactly but there are several within 3% iirc.
      Any reason your stuck on 13in? Tons of rim options in 14in as well as good quality tires that match stock size and are also cheap.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by ryanprins13; 04-24-2018, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
        Here: https://fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90
        Lots of people do it. Its very common. I have 2 sets of 13in rims and tires. I dont believe there is a tire size in 13in that matches exactly but there are several within 3% iirc.
        Any reason your stuck on 13in? Tons of rim options in 14in as well as good quality tires that match stock size and are also cheap.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
        So the 13's you have 2 sets of, what is the year make and model car they are from and what tire size are you running?

Comment

Keep in mind that the wider you go, the more sluggish the car will steer at slow speeds especially- without power steering.

When I finally got the 175 width off the Aspire and narrowed down to 155- the car suddenly felt more like the old 88 Festiva did- more nimble- and getting on in age, I don't have a lot of strength to muscle it into parking spaces!
          88 festy.jpg

Comment

So what year Aspire did you get the rims from and what exact tire size are you running?
            Thanks for the help on this!

Comment

15's are another option and the route I took. Though you do run into the problem of weight, mine are a bit heavy... One day I'll find some nice light weight rims. 14's are probably the sweet spot but I'm very happy with 15's as I have access to much better tyre options (here in Australia).
              200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Working...
              X