Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm out, buh bye!

Its been fun everyone.
    Since Sept 2009 I've owned a Festy, then another, then another. My last one is being sold this weekend to my good friend Bob.
    He gets all my extra parts and my favorite Festy: 1992 GL slightly converted to an LX wannabe/I swapped the red stripe interior for the gray LX and repainted it white. It still has under 100k on it, 5 speed, air/not working, great little stereo etc. etc.

Thanks to everyone that I've swapped parts with and bought parts from, peace to all.

Mark
    Portland, Or005.jpg2016 055.jpg
    Last edited by avitsefdrof; 05-10-2018, 08:07 PM.
    92 GL, 98k
    77 Chevy shortbed

take care Mark.enjoy that shortbed Chevy.
    2005 IASCA WORLD CHAMPION

Comment

Thats a bit sad, why did you sell everything?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Gas prices will be going through the roof once the Middle East is fully at war.
        Check the Netanyahu prophecy out on YouTube.
        As a matter of fact, they are high right now. That is the main reason I bought a Festiva.
        I intend to keep mine. Good luck with your alternate source of transportation.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          Gas prices will be going through the roof once the Middle East is fully at war.
          Check the Netanyahu prophecy out on YouTube.
          As a matter of fact, they are high right now. That is the main reason I bought a Festiva.
          I intend to keep mine.
          EXACTLY!!! As I see local gas prices tickling $3.00/Gallon I'm glad I've kept my Festiva(s).

Comment

My first Festiva was badly wrecked in 2010 and I never planned on owning another. I didn't know about this forum nor did I know about engine swaps like B6T's. Fast forward to 2014 and I buy #2 and a year later #3. I appreciate them for their reliability and low cost of operation every time I drive them. I think a lot of us get tired of running around in such lowly vehicles and some day aspire to own a normal car. When we sell the Festiva for the so called normal car we realize what a good thing we had. Good luck my friend!
            Last edited by Rick the Quick; 05-12-2018, 01:58 AM.
            '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
            '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
            '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
              My first Festiva was badly wrecked in 2010 and I never planned on owning another. I didn't know about this forum nor did I know about engine swaps like B6T's. Fast forward to 2014 and I buy #2 and a year later #3. I appreciate them for their reliability and low cost of operation every time I drive them. I think a lot of us get tired of running around in such lowly vehicles and some day aspire to own a normal car. When we sell the Festiva for the so called normal car we realize what a good thing we had. Good luck my friend!
              That's exactly what happened to me I was just gonna build my race festie so I bought a 01 volvo v70 t5m which I love but there definitely was a void in my life till I got another festie now I drive my festie a lot more than the volvo

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
              Festiver
              93 L find/5 speed
              BP/g15mr swapped
              Aspire brake swapped
              Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
              stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
              rustful
              maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
              advanced suspension
              kai/skeeter camber
              b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Having mostly driven cars that get single digit fuel economy numbers having a Festiva is an interesting change, hell, having a small car again is an interesting change.

I'm not getting rid of the Suburban, but I'm glad I have a fun alternative to the $80/week in gas I was putting in that big block, plus the wife loves it XD
                1991 Festiva - Newest Toy
                1986 Horizon - The Race Car
                1993 Suburban 2500 - The Workhorse
                1995 Dakota 4cyl - The Eternally Broken

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                  Thats a bit sad, why did you sell everything?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                  I gave it a lot of thought ryanprin13, a lot and with the car always needing "something" it gets a bit tiring month after month....I also have a Pontiac G3 with 120k on it and it too often needed a little part here or there. So between the two cars, I was always having one of them consume my weekend or part of it. I'm not that young any more and its just timing of life thing.
                  Its all good, I passed along a car with a lot of life left in it, I think, and someone else can enjoy it.
                  92 GL, 98k
                  77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

Working...
                  X