Any reviews on radiators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any reviews on radiators?

I am in need of a new radiator for my '91 with the B6ME engine. I do not have air conditioning but will add it eventually. After looking on eBay I saw some for as low as $40 delivered. I also saw some priced x3 or more. I will pay more than $40 if I need to however has anyone used the $40 units and if so how would you rate them? I know a lot of you are using aluminum civic radiators with your B6T cars and I will plan on using one on my B6T car. Since the '91 B6ME car will not have a turbo I know a larger radiator will fit without turbo interference. Does anyone know of a larger then stock radiator which will work with the B6ME. One that does not require moving the outlets or should I not concern myself with a larger then stock capacity with the B6ME? Modifying the mounts should not pose a problem. There is a mig welder here and I know plenty of welders more competent than I am. One other question that comes to mind. I remember reading on this forum that corrosion is the B engines worst enemy. My B6ME was a junkyard find and seemingly well maintained. The car that it went into was horse beat just like the '93. Using the best of the radiators and flushing it on 3 or 4 different occasions I am still finding coolant that looks rusty as can be. I have never run straight water but always 50/50 water coolant. I can't tell you the exact rating on the coolant but it always makes the "safe for aluminum engines" claim. Anyone have advise on flushing the system before installing the new radiator and what coolant may be best to keep the corrosion at bay?
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

My bp turbo car has a Honda Civic 2 core in it. No issues so far
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I do plan on using a Civic aluminum radiator on the B6T car if it ever gets completed. Relocating the outlet shouldn't be an issue. It just takes money. I am looking for upgrades for the B6ME car where there will not be issues with turbo clearance. I am hoping to find a larger radiator that doesn't require moving the inlet /outlet. I noticed the B6ME car runs a bit hot now that the temperature has been in the mid 90's here. I would imagine a new Festiva radiator would improve things but am also thinking something with a bit more capacity may be in order. Just open to more ideas, opinions, or reviews of the $40 radiators I see on eBay.
      '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
      '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
      '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Working...
      X