Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the forums, Festiva love for years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forums, Festiva love for years.

Good afternoon everyone! This is my first post!

I've loved festiva's for years ever since my Best friend Kemp (You all may remember him as Muscle_Car1) introduced me to these little SOB's before his passing.

The time has come that I am in a good spot financially and otherwise to pickup a festiva and do some minor wrenching. Plus I miss my friend dearly and would love to get a festiva in his honor and some how I feel it may make me feel closer to my lost bud.

I've looked at a few and drove one the other day that I am
    going to potentially buy. I am no stranger to forums and I plan to extensively use the search function as to avoid the ''Not this again'' syndrome that plaues oh so many. Buit I do ask to please be kind and patient with me as I've not really wrenched on a car on my own before and I figure a festiva would be a good place to literally get my hands dirty!

Hello everyone and I look forward to zipping around in one of these bad boy's soon with you all!

Festivas are one of the best vehicles to learn to wrench on! Youll enjoy it. I made a video of what to look for when buying a festiva https://youtu.be/c-1sdoQY0IE great on gas, fun to drive, easy and cheap to maintain and so on. Let us know what you get!
    Here also is a post with faq about festivas: https://m.facebook.com/groups/187474...50971241739959

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks dude! I've see that video from the Facebook page. Good stuff!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Fox! As you know, Festivas are amazing little cars. Where in IL are you located? There's more than one forum member from the Land of Lincoln.

Comment

I live near midway, work in bolingbrook. I grew up in Romeoville/Plainfield.

Comment

I see, you're up north from me then. I see a few Festivas on CL on a regular basis up there.

Comment

I hope I can grab a decent one. I came across a guy selling his, originally wanted 1600, then offered 1200 but My friend Daniel who has been in the festiva scene for a long time informedme that it would hardly be worth more than 800... soo I feel im asking a bit much for what i have but i definitely want it to be good running with minimal rust and wear..oh well. guess ill have to keep saving.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxTwoX View Post
                I hope I can grab a decent one. I came across a guy selling his, originally wanted 1600, then offered 1200 but My friend Daniel who has been in the festiva scene for a long time informedme that it would hardly be worth more than 800... soo I feel im asking a bit much for what i have but i definitely want it to be good running with minimal rust and wear..oh well. guess ill have to keep saving.
                Prices depend on where you are located kinda. The most I have ever paid was about $550 for one but it needed brake work before it was road worthy. It sucks up there for you guys because if you find one without rust then it tends to knock the price up quite a bit.
                "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                sigpic
                "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Yeah thats with any car too up here.

Im not unwilling to drive two or three hours for one of these cars. I just hope if i do that the pictures arent BS and the seller isnt seedy. but i shall get my first festiva soon!

Comment

Hey you're pretty close to me. I'm down in Momence. Welcome to the Forum!
                    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
                    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
                    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Originally posted by TWFodor View Post
                      Hey you're pretty close to me. I'm down in Momence. Welcome to the Forum!
                      Greetings! If you come across a festy for sale that is in decent shape, hit me up!

Comment

Originally posted by FoxTwoX View Post
                        Greetings! If you come across a festy for sale that is in decent shape, hit me up!
                        Maybe! I'm looking for one for my brother so it would be a conflict of interest haha He's pretty picky though so if he doesn't want it I'll shoot it your way
                        1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
                        1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
                        2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Working...
                        X