Aspire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire question

Well, seems this is the most active forum for festivas, and the aspires are the closest next animal...

I got a 94 auto, no engine lights, no codes... Zippo...

But it just is stupid ass doggy when the timing is based at 10 btdc. If I advance the fuck out of it, I gain some pep but those poor pistons....

Factory everything.

My old 95 I shaved the head on rips and runs like a champ. This 94 is stock everything seems old and tired with only 85k on the odo.. , I'm sure there's a sensor giving back weird engine conditions and the ecu doesn't know better since it's odb1.

Compression is decent and within range, plugs are clean. Wires aren't new, but it's not misfiring or anything ignition related.

Only making 220 miles at best with average 10gallon squirts....

Rolls down the road like butter, once it gets rolling...

It seems like it wants the distributor advanced further, but I highly doubt that's needed on a stock setup and stock achievement, as there's no way to go any further..

Timing is spot on. It does need a front seal, so I'll be serious in there soon . But from some timing marks and double checking it seems good.

On these b3s, how does the anti stall sensor/solenoid work? I unplugged it and no light, no change.

I don't see anything for air control to manage engine load.

Is it adjustable? Should it be adjusted?
    When you turn on the headlights and blower, and even when the radiator fan is called for, the alternator about gags the engine out....

Something is weird.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jason_; 08-02-2018, 06:42 AM.

Electrical load is supposed to be ECU sensed. You have more than one problem unless the ECU or wiring is faulty I think
    No car too fast !

Comment

Well, where should I start?

No check engine light.

Everything is plugged in, vacuum lines are factory, no honky repairs or golf tees....

Comment

Check and clean all grounds.

Comment

Are you 100% sure valve timing is correct? Sounds like it's off a tooth.
          Rick
          1993 Ford Festiva
          1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
          1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
          2000 Ford E350

Comment

This is almost exactly the way mine acted when the cam sprocket hole got forced past the cam locator pin when I was putting air in the cylinders, with wrench on the cam, doing valve springs. Had to advance the disty all the way just for idle, would run terrible until it got some rpms, very little power - wouldn't pull a hill at highway speed. I thought I had left a rag in the intake or something. Ran like big vacuum leak at idle. The other thing that can happen is the crank pulley timing marks rotate away from TDC. I forget if the pulley groove wears out, or key shears off.
            Last edited by hot4dl8ly; 08-03-2018, 07:29 PM.
            186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
            1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
            1992 aqua L (agua)
            1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

Hmmm..

If the cam locator pin is whacked then whatever I'm looking at is irrelevant.

I'll dig into it and confirm.

Comment

Working...
              X