Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Festiva A/C Compressor

Hey everyone. :cheers:

I just found this forum today so I'm hoping you all can help me out.
    I've been helping out a friend with his 1993 Festiva. It's always tough finding parts for this thing but now I'm completely stumped.
    I'm looking for an A/C compressor but I can't find the right one.
    Here are some pictures of mine
    IMG_20180806_171450.jpg

IMG_20180806_171529.jpg
    The pulley has two grooves??
    IMG_20180806_174759.jpg
    The all-important part numbers are missing.:confused4:

It's a Seltec which doesn't seem right.

I searched the forum and found this picture from 1990new
    Rosie AC Install 20160813 10.jpg

This is the closest thing I've found but mine doesn't have the manifold on top.

My friend says he bought it with a bad engine and replaced it with one from the junkyard. He doesn't know which year though, so I'm thinking this A/C system is combination of a couple different years or something.
    The pulley looks like dealer installed A/C and the compressor mounts like factory installed A/C. But the compressor itself seems to be neither. htd

Hey, I finally got around to removing the compressor. I looked up the part number and got this.

Comment

Now I can't find the drier, condenser, or expansion valve.
      IMG_20180814_124615.jpg
      Does this look normal, or is it another adaptation? I can't find pictures of this anywhere.

Comment

That is definitely not factory install system. I've only owned Festivas with factory systems ... maybe someone who owns or has owned ones with dealer/aftermaket systems can chime in here and let you know if the dealer or after market systems look like that.
        For the drier, you need to find one with the same size fittings as the one you have.. I've never seen one that had a switch on top of it lit the one in the photo you have.. possibly you can find one which has a plugged hole on top that the switch screws into. The expansion valve is in the evaporator box (unless the system you have has an orifice tube instead).
        You should be able to use your old condenser unless it has holes in it or the fittings are damaged.
        Last edited by 1990new; 08-14-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X