Rear Axle Bushings? Replaceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Axle Bushings? Replaceable?

I've got the shocks ripped out of the back of my 93 LX at the moment and was wondering does anybody know If the bushing that mount the rear axle to the body are replaceable? If so where can you still get the bushings? I called several dealers trying to get an original part number, no joy.20180925_133859.jpg
    I paid $750 for it 5 years and 65,000 miles ago. It gets 50 miles a gallon. Tell me again about your Prius?

Originally posted by Daveylikey View Post
    I've got the shocks ripped out of the back of my 93 LX at the moment and was wondering does anybody know If the bushing that mount the rear axle to the body are replaceable? If so where can you still get the bushings? I called several dealers trying to get an original part number, no joy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]22298[/ATTACH]
    They are. I dont know the part number. They are harder to find but are available. Search for it on this forum, there have been threads about it before. I was hoping someone would just know and tell you, but no luck yet.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought some of the last 2 sets Available a few month ago, from a Russian supplier. I have yet to see more in stock since then.

Looks like there may be some left on Ebay, but you will be paying a lot for shipping from UK or Latvia.

Kia PN: KK37B28460
      Febest (Aftermarket supplier) PN: KAB018
      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
      Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
      Feel free to PM me anytime!
      Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
      Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
        Kia PN: KK37B28460
        Febest (Aftermarket supplier) PN: KAB018
        Thanks for the info, I bought a pair of KAB-018's from eBay. Will have to come from the UK somewhere but that's fine, shipping wasn't actually too bad (I'm in Canada).

Comment

I would like to stock up on these bushings also. I stopped by a Kia dealer and got the attached Rio drawing, where item #16 should be the part. However, the "KK" number means nothing to Kia. The parts guy wrote two numbers (before and after a switchover date) on the drawing.

He said there are "almost none" of this part left. Does anybody know which (before/after cutover) part is most likely to fit our Festies. Price (if available) is about $25 per part (so $50 for one Festy).

2019 02 01 Scan of Kia Rio rear suspension drawing from Kia.jpg
          Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 02-01-2019, 07:54 PM.
          88L black, dailydriver
          88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
          4 88/89 disassembled
          91L green
          91GL aqua pwrsteer
          92GL red a/c reardmg
          3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
          1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

A bunch of us are going to try to make these. Should happen this year i think but it will be a little while yet

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

Ryanprins13,

That's a great (but $expensive -- making a mold) long-term solution.

I'm not comfortable being a single rubber part failure away from being grounded.

Does anybody know which Kia part fits (or fits best)? I'm inclined to ask the local Kia dealer to scare up whatever (of both parts) he can find from places like East Peoria, then pull one out of a parts car for comparison.
              88L black, dailydriver
              88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
              4 88/89 disassembled
              91L green
              91GL aqua pwrsteer
              92GL red a/c reardmg
              3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
              1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Why re-invent the wheel when an aftermarket company (Febest) already makes these bushings?? Seems like a waste of time to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 93FestyEh View Post
                  Why re-invent the wheel when an aftermarket company (Febest) already makes these bushings?? Seems like a waste of time to me.
                  Because of what will said in post #3. My understanding is they are not always available and still are hard to get. Their just sometimes available, sometimes not and supply of them will eventually end right?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

There are plenty on eBay (internationally), I saw multiple auctions. Shipping isn't that bad, I ordered a pair. Unfortunately I had to cancel the order the next day.

There may be limited supply of the Kia bushings but not the aftermarket ones. Heck, why not tell RockAuto about the Febest ones, maybe they'd start carrying them!

Comment

Working...
                    X