Front Struts & top hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Struts & top hats

I have a '93 Festy with a Aspire suspension swap , FMS Lowering Springs ,& Gabriel Struts.
    If i install 2001 KIA Rio KYB Front Struts, KIA Top Hats & keep the lowering springs will the front ride height change?
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
    I have a '93 Festy with a Aspire suspension swap , FMS Lowering Springs ,& Gabriel Struts.
    If i install 2001 KIA Rio KYB Front Struts, KIA Top Hats & keep the lowering springs will the front ride height change?
    Should be fine.

I've got the '01 Rio top hats and struts with Festy springs. My springs are cut one coil to get them lower to (almost) match the rear coilovers. Until I cut the front springs, the front ride height was identical with the Festiva front strut.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
      As far as i know the top hat wont change the ride hight. I dont recall it changing when i installed mine and tominmo there says it wont. But why the rio struts?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

The RIO struts are a little better than the Gabriel's & I want the RIO top hats for the bearings & don't want to screw around with the extra shims so the struts fit right.
        I was hoping the Struts would raise the front a small amount.
        Very rough now & I've had the lowering springs on around 2 years.
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I’m running 2001 KYB Rio struts on one of mine with the Rio mounts. Love them. I do have coilovers on them instead of the stock springs.
          Jerry
          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
            I’m running 2001 KYB Rio struts on one of mine with the Rio mounts. Love them. I do have coilovers on them instead of the stock springs.
            How did you do the coilovers? Since I plan on doing that to my front Rio KYBs too.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Whats better about the rio struts? Isnt the valving set for a way heavier car?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                Whats better about the rio struts? Isnt the valving set for a way heavier car?
                Rios weigh about the same as an Aspire, i.e. a few hundred pounds more than a Festiva. So they should have somewhat heavier valving.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I bought the cheap Honda kit off eBay, used the adjustable sleeves and top hats. Bought 2.5”x10” springs from southwest speed. My car has 175 fronts and 125 rear springs. This was done before the 125/105 combo was discovered.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                  X