Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the biggest rims and tires you have put on your Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the biggest rims and tires you have put on your Festiva?

I'm looking to buy some second-hand rims and tyres for my Festiva they are 205/45/R16. I currently have stock 175/70/r13s on the car. Has anyone put 16 inch rims on their Festiva and where their any rubbing/scrapping issues? Did you have to roll the gaurds or otherwise aler the body to make them fit. Any Advice and/or Photos appreciated. Cheers

It sounds like you have the second generation Festiva, what we call a Ford Aspire. I am not really sure about that car but I can tell you some of the basics. Do you know what the Dimensions of the Wheels are that you are looking at?

The width and offset of the wheel can vary greatly and makes a huge difference in fitment. The 205/45/16 tires that you have are quite large and will probably be very difficult to fit without some kind of modification and will make your car much slower. The main issue you will run into is that the stock wheel is only 4.5" wide while most 16" wheels are going to be around 7" wide.

You would probably be better off running something like a 195/50/15 with a 15x6 wheel or a 185/60/14 with a 14x6 wheel.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

More info and a photo of your car would help a lot.
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll put some photos below. FYI it's a 2-door ford festiva import in Thailand, a WA 91 model I think. I checked the dimensions on a tyre comparison website and it seems that the outer diameter of the new tyres would only be 2cm larger - so it seems like it they should fit ok. They are multistud rims with 4x100 and 4x114.3 fitments. I'm not sure about the hub size --- I have included pics of everything below. The body on my festiva is pretty rough so I'm not worries about hammering it out a bit to make sure they dont scape. Thoughts?
        Green Festiva.jpg
        My Green Festiva
        Original Wheels.jpg
        The original wheels
        Proposed wheels 3.jpg
        Proposed wheels
        Tyre Comparison.jpg
        Tyre comparison stats

Comment

Oh, you do have the first gen Festiva like ours. Our Stock Tire size is 145/80/12 which is why I was confused. On the back of the wheel it should show the dimensions on the wheel itself. If you can get us that info it would help out a bit.
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

Oh man Thai, think those are the 5zigens, I wanted those back in the days when I had my Jetta (think that was about 15+ years ago). I ended up buying some other 5zigens that were 17" and lowered it with eibach springs. Ill see if I can find some aspect ratio's on them.

Comment

Ok so I was wrong, the 5zigens are called 5zr copse, yours are rs5 by Lenso.

Comment

16x7 Wheels. No rubbing.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Stock Suspension?!
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys I might give them a try and see what happens that is for the advice

Comment

Duke, no that was with Advance coilovers.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

16in rims. Lots of rubbing. Rub a dub dub.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I know there's one Festiva running around with these wheel dimensions: 15x6, 4x114.3, offset 32mm. Tire size for that wheel is 195-45-R15. This was the yellow Festiva that was cut down to make a small pickup truck; was also mod'd to have gull wing doors.

I've seen pix of another Festy with 15" wheels, too. It needed spacers on the rears. Tire for this second Festiva was a Nexen N3000.

Good luck!
                          88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                          88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                          91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                          93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

12 x 155- yet I ran a lot of 145s 20 years ago, because they were $15 then. Still always felt the car really needs 13 x 155 like I finally got on the Aspire after slogging with 175 width. It's never been a performance car to me, just a dependable and very nimble high mileage economy car

aspire 1.jpg
                            Last edited by harpon; 12-12-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X