Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year and model for adjustable intermittent wiper switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year and model for adjustable intermittent wiper switch?

I now have two adjustable intermittent stalks with cruise and I need to find a switch. Looks like a 626 wiper switch will work. I tried an 89 MPV switch assembly that was identical in fit and form, but the wiring was was totally backwards on the plug. Can someone verify what model and year Mazda will be a plug and play for a 1993 L?

Why don't you take the terminals out of the plug and put them back in, in the proper orientation?
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

I did that, but it still didn’t work. I found that I basically had to move the terminals from the top to bottom row and vise versa. It didn’t blow a fuse when wired like this but still nothing worked. Either that model is not compatible with the Festiva or I got hosed on a used switch assembly. I’ll just bite the bullet and buy a new switch, just want to be certain I get a plug and play this time.

Comment

The higher trim level late 80s 323s, and all 626s from that time period have 'em.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
        X