88L black, dailydriver
    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
    4 88/89 disassembled
    91L green
    91GL aqua pwrsteer
    92GL red a/c reardmg
    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

What a death trap. Did you notice how he mentioned B3 engine with a governor of some kind? That's a good thing as unstable as it must be. 25 mph is probably pushing the limits on this pos. Three wheelers are fine as long as the two wheels are in the front and they are the ones driven. Morgan learned that back in the 1920's.
    Last edited by Rick the Quick; 11-18-2018, 12:23 AM.
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

^ +1! Horrible idea. See this.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

See THIS:

Jeremy drives the Peel P50, the world's smallest production car to work at the BBC and meets a few famous faces along the way.Subscribe for more awesome Top ...
        Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 11-20-2018, 02:16 PM.
        88L black, dailydriver
        88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
        4 88/89 disassembled
        91L green
        91GL aqua pwrsteer
        92GL red a/c reardmg
        3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
        1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

I believe the NYPD still uses these around the city for parking patrol. They had them when I went in 2017.
          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
          Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
          Feel free to PM me anytime!
          Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
          Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Good video : modern tuner vs. vintage Austin Healy. The outcome surprised me.

Awesome challenge video with Jeremy Clarkson Richard Hammond and James May. It's oldies vs youngsters in the Hill Climb Challenge. Click beneath the video to...
            '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
            '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
            '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
              Another deathtrap. Virtually invisible in real-world traffic conditions, and zero protection. No power to get out of the way. Notice how he went up on two wheels making a turn, despite have two in the front. Just takes one inattentive driver to take you out. Useful only in the most limited possible situations, like driving to the mailbox if you have a long driveway.
              Last edited by TominMO; 11-21-2018, 11:20 AM.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
                Good video : modern tuner vs. vintage Austin Healy. The outcome surprised me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl_42B-uxsc
                Nice! :thumbs_up:

Disaster preparedness

Comment

NO- ABSOLUTELY gotta have FOUR wheels-
                  I don't care if the light side are beach cruiser wheels (actually 12 or 13 " x 100 -4 inches- would probably be very sufficient and if light alloy or carbon fiber not detract very much from MPG) but anything less than FOUR wheels is probably a Big Oil Corporate Conspiracy to make people feel unsafe in anything less than a Peterbuilt.

I'm more daily now pissed that being forced by events into my 04 Accent as my daily driver, that I'm not now in something like 0.8 Liters instead of twice that at 1.6 and our smaller B3 and Fireflies have been trampled on to put the likes of the Duke of Oil into power. A smaller car would have been a natural progression to someone like me- living alone and getting on and less likely to be moving on and loading up the car for that purpose, but the desert campaigns and corporate obsessions- that can't see the disasters in front of us almost daily now- have made me drive a LARGER car. phooey!

Jeremy Clarkson is funny, but not the kind of pratfalls that one should reach for a laugh with!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by harpon; 11-23-2018, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Dude...there was literally one of those parked behind my car yesterday. I've seen them in NYC for low speed traffic enforcement (tickets and the like), but Chicago doesn't use them. I have no idea what it was doing there.

46510351_1574184506060401_6367931603557023744_n.jpg
                    Last edited by Stanza; 11-23-2018, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanza View Post
                      Dude...there was literally one of those parked behind my car yesterday. I've seen them in NYC for low speed traffic enforcement (tickets and the like), but Chicago doesn't use them. I have no idea what it was doing there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22425[/ATTACH]
                      Hey Stanza, you may not be old enough to have seen them but Chicago parking enforcement cops used to ride Harley Servi Cycles. 3 wheel motorcycles with flathead 45 engines. I was once at a city yard and they had literally thousands of them. I seen them on more than one occasion tip in turns. I don't think there were serious injuries because they would tip at such a ridiculous slow speed. I actually enjoyed seeing them tipped in intersections or broken down with the drive chain on the ground. Living in Chicago it was a game trying to outsmart them and the tickets they were required to write. On a good year I racked up several hundred dollars in parking tickets. Too many cars and not enough places to put them.

Comment

Working...
                      X