drive it till the wheels fall off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drive it till the wheels fall off.

well i always said i would drive my festiva until the wheels fell off.

and i did, Saturday night i was fallowing my mom and wife who were driving home with my kids..(twin boys, Saturday was there birthday party...whoot!)

so anyways, i was in the car by myself, and all of a sudden the rear felt loos...bad...i just figured i had junked another wheel baring, right...wrong!!

the right rear spindle snapped off, right where the threads for the nut start....

i was amazed at how well it drove on three wheels ...i mean, it steered off to the side of the road fine, after the tire fell all the way off, there was no swerving or pulling...just straight...

oh well, so after a tow bill, i am thinking this might be a good excuse to do the aspire brake swap, along with a few other improvements...

later,
    Ian l.
    Later,
    Ian L.

I need a tUrBo

'92 festiva gl b6 sohc,ported exaust manifold 2" downpipe, cherrybomb, aspire brakes, miata 14" steelies. commuter rod.
    '95 grand caravan kiddie wagon.

Cool!

In a way, that is. It could have been worse! Go for that suspension swap. You'll be glad you did.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I agree on the swap! Glad to hear you didn't crash or get hurt!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

my aspire parts are ready, i just have to go and pick them up....300.00 for everything from the struts and springs all the way down to the pavement, including 4 new Goodyear tires...155 r13. nice tread, should do well this winter......so its going to be a late niter, mabey all weak , but it should be able to stop and handle well enough to match the acceleration after my b6 sohc swap......ill keep you guys posted....
        Later,
        Ian L.

I need a tUrBo

'92 festiva gl b6 sohc,ported exaust manifold 2" downpipe, cherrybomb, aspire brakes, miata 14" steelies. commuter rod.
        '95 grand caravan kiddie wagon.

Comment

Working...
        X