Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how was everybody's day?

This is how I started mine,
    This my 4th deer hit in the last year and a half. This is the latest with my newest Festy, just bought it a few months ago. Went to Maryland to pu, all in one day from Ohio and back, just so I could kill another deer in Ohio.

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

That suck. Doesn't look like any major structural damage, just the core support looks bent. Easily pulled out. Start looking for a parts car.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

core, radiator, headlights/buckets, one turn light, hood, I think the ac cooler but maybe not. Haven't opened the hood yet.
      Ripped off my exhaust loading it into my brother-in-laws trailer too.
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. How long have you had it?
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Sorry to here that. I work in a body shop and a big part of our business is deer hits. I live in central Iowa and the deer are all over the place. Tonight there was a cop car with his lights on and sure enough a van had just hit a deer. Splatter marks on every highway it seems.

Comment

This one I have only had a few months. End of August/September. Picked it up just after that last hurrican hit by Maryland.
            Been trying to aquire parts to fix it up, now I really have to do some fixing.
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            I will sleep when I die!

Comment

ouch!!! sorry to hear about that... you should be able to git-er back on the road soon
              deer season oppens sat here... i plan on hitting a few with some lead if i can

just tonight i had to put my aspire breaks to use b/c of a deer... glad my car stops perty fast :lol: i see deer all the time, plus the ocasinal cow that gets out of pasture (ouch!).

i hanv't hit any deer yet, but last year my mum hit a deer on our road with her van, killed the deer but didn't dammage the van at all! we ate it of course 8)
              ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
              1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
              2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Down here in Arkansas we have so many deer that we have problems with deer hitting us. Seriously. One woman had two different deer run into her Kia Sportage within a month. Then a friend of mine was hit in his Suburban. I had one run alongside me for about 30 feet then decide to cut me off. They're crazy. I guess they're trying to get back at the Rednecks who spotlight.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

theres a guy by my farm in mo, that told us that there was a guy going around a sharp curve and a deer ran right into him and is head wedged in between the wheel and the wheel well and the guy couldnt turn and went over the embakment and rolled the truck, killed the driver.

that is how bad the deer are, but theres people like us hunters to help solve this
                  2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
                  1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
                  1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
                  http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

One woman had two different deer run into her Kia Sportage within a month.
                    Anomoly....there must be something with Sportages, the first 2 of the 4 were in a sportage. And one was because the deer ran into it....that is 2 weird.
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    I will sleep when I die!

Comment

sounds like you need a push bar
                      There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

yea warlocke i know what your saying, between my grandfather and my couisins we got 27 deer last year on our one farm alone.
                        There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

yeah, once a dear ran out of the woods and crashed into my car when I was stopped at a stop sign near my house... it dented the door but I fixed it. And last night a squirrel jumped on my car while I was driving home... crazy animals :lol:
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I has the closest experience the other night , I almost hit 2 , the first one ran out , I hit the brakes the let off , then there was a buck running right behind it , maybe 3 ft from plowing him , I can't believe I did not blow the brake lines apart :shock:

Sorry to hear about the car , I hope you are able to get it repaired !!
                            ------------------------------------------------
                            The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                            Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                            HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                            Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                            Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                            Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                            Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                            90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                            It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

In my neck of the woods the deer wont wait till you get on the road. They come to the house looking for a car to damage. :lol:

Gotta be sneaky to get a pic this close.

Opps it heard the camera shutter and saw me.

sigpic
                              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                              X