No announcement yet.

Carbureted Festiva Cruise Control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well its obvious I am looking for cruise control parts for some reason.... One could assume it is to buy cruise control parts.

Comment

If you do a search I have looked for a looong time myself, so I guess if hes willing to sell it would depend on who would pay the most!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Fine. I have more money than brains.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0zone
          Wow that looks just like mine!
          On mine the throttle cable connects to the top of the gas peddle arm.
          If that the way that one connects it may just work on both.

Is "F3BZ" a 93 Mustang part code?
          Congratulations! 5.0zone is the winner of the festy OEM speed control kit for guessing the secret meaning of F3BZ! oh but wait wait. Nooo the judges are saying that it is a 93 FesTEEva part code. sorry 5.0zone. to share what little i know and to fill up my quota of 50 posts to get out of this newbie status, the 1st letter of a ford part# is the decade i.e. E would be 1980's/F is 1990's. the next # is the year of that decade. the BZ is like fords internal code for the festy/aspire. any numbers and letters after that indicate the subgroup like brake parts/interior/transmission and usually the last letter is an A or B to specify color or the difference between a festiva L decal or a festiva L plus decal. some festy parts are from other ford cars like i think the pedal pads are from the probe, other things from the tracer. most festy part#s are E8BZ and FOBZ with the change to EFI/passive seat belts. my passion is a white 40Kmi. 5sp model L hence-F3BZ. thanks for asking and you are right about the servo cable acting on on the gas pedal and the kit will work on the E8BZs

Comment

:lol: Well I was almost right. Cool idea for a scene name.
            Years ago I used to keep track of a lot of Ford part codes.
            So I recognized the F3 as 93 and a lot of the old Mustang codes had Z in them.

The part number for the CC that I have is E8BZ-9A818-A.

I guess if I had looked that number up 1st I would have known it was a Festiva code :lol:
            ~Jeff
            1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
            1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
            2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

that is definately cool to know, i may never use that info again, but it's still cool to know

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

You can look up parts decoders online. I used to know all that for the old Mustags! I guess I missed that too in his name!
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

or buy your ford parts counterperson a cup a coffee and make friends. you'll learn alot. like all festiva parts are obsolete, NLA but at least he'll/she'll give you the part # and wait till you're out the door before laughing.

Comment

Working...
                  X