Possible swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible swap

back in the summer time i notice a suzuki swift gt with a 1.3l DOHC sitting at a garage, well yesterday i was driving past and noticed it still there so i stopped in to ask about it, the guy said it was a customers car and the guy who owned was older and ran out of money so i asked if he could get a hold of the guys who owns it to see if he wants to sell it

my question is, is this part of the B series so it'll bolt to my tranny? if so would it be worth while doing this swap? i do drive about 35 mins. one way to work so mileage is somewhat imortant, but then again even a BP wouldn't be hard on gas compared to whats out there

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

No, it is a Suzuki motor called the G13B. It will not bolt on to your festiva transmission if that's what you're asking.

It would be a cool project though. www.ssgti.com

I done research on Geo Metros before I bought my festiva cause I like small cars.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

There's metro tuner guy near my house that has a gti turbo... it looks cool... I'm gonna have to race him in the BP car someday
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

kill

Originally posted by htchbck
        There's metro tuner guy near my house that has a gti turbo... it looks cool... I'm gonna have to race him in the BP car someday
        Kill Kill Kill!!!
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

well, that kinda sucks. now do you have any idea if the wheel base is the same? and if the outer splines on the axles are the same?

what i'm thinking is if it won't bolt on to my tranny, but the axles will fit into the festiva spindles can i take the motor tranny combo and drop them in and be able to use the swift axles

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

It would probably be a complicated swap since they are from 2 different manufacturer's. So unless you can fabricate all custom mounting you might want to stick with a Mazda engine.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Thats one heck of a swap project just to lose about 2 seconds off the quarter when a B6T can put you into the 14's.

Given the two cars weigh about the same, 1700 lbs, you wouldn't gain much.

Two good choices would be to either buy it and tune it. Or keep looking for a Mazda engine for the festiva.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

ya you guys are right it work be extensive amount of work. I just thought it would be cool to have a 1.3 DOHC well thanks for all the comments

Comment

You could always import a Festiva GTX front cut with a 1.3 DOHC!
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                    You could always import a Festiva GTX front cut with a 1.3 DOHC!
                    :shock: :shock: i might just have to look into that, thanks

Comment

they are not all what they are cracked up to be, just really fun to rev to like 8500rpm like a bike! other then that i was never really impressed.

Comment

Working...
                      X