X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My adventure

OK here goes the story.
    Ok me & this guy
    left Joliet Area around 3:00am without the money to buy the cars cause there was a error in the communication between me & the overlord. Got gas at IN/OH border. My turn to drive the Jeep. Ingest monster XL. Made it to cleveland around 9am. Saw the tire on the trailer was low on tread. No biggy found a junkyard & bought 2 rims & tires for $15 each. Tossed one on at the JY. Almost ran outta gas trying to find my way back to the interstate 90. Jerry's turn to drive. Big rig accident around mile marker 300. Stuck in traffic for a hour.

Rest break ERIE = Golden Coral. Afterwords my turn to drive again.

Drive into new york. Monster XL #2. Weird thing is out here in Il & most other states I've been to we number exits by the mile markers. NO ny does it exit by exit. So intsead of 54 miles into NY for my 1st stop its the 54 exit like 200miles in. :evil: Pretty area by the way. Blew Tire #1

Go to the k-mart where alicia western union me the cash. "oh we cant do that here now no one knows how to. PANIC Go down the street to TOPS. No we dont have that much cash on hand. Jerry drives cause I'm freaking out. mood = FRENZIED Sh!t i drove 14hrs and wont have the cash to get the cars. Was sent to bergmans (sp?) they dont even do western union. I'm in tears & stressed major like. They end up being the most helpful of all & find a place in ithica that did do western union & had the cash to. Directions go to the mall in a town I've never been to go to this store & figure out how to get back to where I have directions to move on to the next stop. Sure sounds easy. It was. :roll:

Took a while & a few phone calls to get to the next stop. Deer & us not knowing the area tacked on about a hr. FINALLY get to dudes house (c.ganger) give him the stuff & head outta town to pick up festy #1.

He only goes about 45 through the mountains, so I take over to make up a little time. Make it to Conn around 11pm buy car 1 put on trailer. Drive for 10 mins get pulled over by a cop. The fuse for the running lights were blown. No problem we thought. It ended up being a loose wire so we blew a few more on the trip. Got just before NYC blew tire 2 dammit.

Drive to NJ to the town that Ebay said the car was in. Got there about 4am Slept the first time in 24hrs on a offramp. Woke up around 7am. Kicked jerrys sleepy butt outta the drivers seat. Called dudes cell that I recieved. That # is no longer in service. :shock: :shock: :shock: WHAT it worked earlier. Found a JY near by bought another spare for the trailer. Got in contact with deathshed around 10am. Yeah I dont go home nearly emptied handed. Got car #2.

UP next the ride home.
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

sounds like fun!

Comment

More pics

It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

That tow dolly would scare me. No tire tie downs?? Slam on the brakes and the car would go flying into the back of the jeep.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Not all that many pics cause of the crap on the way home.

Comment

The rims on the red stiva are sweet. Sorry you had so much trouble.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

So I got the car around 11am tried to find another JY with tires to use on the trailer. NO dice they dont sell parts anymore. :shock: JY that doesn;t sell parts??
              Anyways heading out of new jersey & into penn, we blow the other side tire. Not the side that had been eating tires up till this point. Replaced it with our last spare. At this point I'm buggin out cause nothing is going right. I try calling everyoen I know to see if they can use the internet to find me JY's in scranton pa, the next large town around. I get a hold of a workmate. So off to scranton we go. This last spare lasted about 50 miles till it blew. About 20 outside of scranton. So we drove a festiva without plates to a JY outside of town, the far side ofcourse. Eventually find 2 tires & rims we needed paid for them. About this time its 5pm, I'm worried cause if we keep blowing tires at this rate, we will be screwed casue JY's close about now. We decide to try & make it as far as we can instead of dropping the car off @ my great uncles in smethport or aunt in harrisburg, both outta the way.

Thankfully :shock: it started to rain a little. At this time I think my friend posted the EXTREME HELP post. Around mile 200 Packrat called me. Followed by someone else outside of pittsburg, sorry i forgot your name. ops: Then by 25horseplay. We made good on this tire cause it made it all the way home.

Stopped around when packrat called to get food & beverages. I had a 5hr energy. Good stuff. I also got pretsals & peanut butter. Mmmmm

Made it to mile marker 60 in Penn before it started to pour. It didn't stop execpt to sleet & snow in indiana. Made it to youngstown before the next fun happened around 10pm. The straps holding the car down snapped thankfully while we where at a gas station. So we drove 15 miles to the nearest truck stop to get nex tiedowns. Drove 55mph throught the rain.
              When the snow/sleet started we slowed to 45 cause I didn't want to screw up the cars till after I get them home.

Lots of fun here, flat boring terrain, tired cause I haven't slept since tues before work. On the tollways I had a few dew's, 8 no-doze, 2 black stallions, 2 yellow jackets, and some herbal stuffs. Still was tired.

Oh yeah I almost forgot it was 60's almost the whole time. Until IN/OH border, then i got really cold. At this time I called in to work to say I'm going to be late.

A somehow we got how safely around 10am. After unloading the car I went to work after a shower for 8 hr work. Durin which time I had 3 cups of coffee & an dew.

Came home fell asleep in my dinner. Woke up @ 6am to go to work today. Grrr I only have tues off till the weekend. Gotta go sleep again caus work is in less than 7 hrs & I need to catch up on sleep

Anywonder I had heart problems today.

Comment

MAN OH MAN, that is quite the adventure! It was worth it though! Nice Festiva!

Mike
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2162509
                First known g25mr with Hydraulic clutch swap

Comment

well worth the trip imo, that car is very clean I am jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1
                    I also got pretsals & peanut butter. Mmmmm

Anywonder I had heart problems today.
                    that would prolly explain ur heart probs =) lol jk, glad to see ya made it home safe. who would ever say thank god for the rain tho huh
                    2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
                    1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
                    1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
                    http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

Man i fell so bad.. Poop, i'm the reason you had so many problems, well i'll make it up to you when you come down : ) I'm getting moneys for you next week, Peace and stuff.

P.S. I Need Tacos Or My Head Will Explode... That Happens To Me Some Times.
                      An Army Of Squirrels Is Still An Army.

Comment

Crazy stories. I am thinking the precipitation lubed the tires on the warped dolly and reduced wear. That probably helped you out. Nice car at least!
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

yeah the rain/sleet/6in of snow helped us get the trailer & such home.

Comment

Well I have 1 question!! Do you think it was worth it? Cuz I do shoot I want the rims!!!
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2516620/1

Comment

hell yeah

Comment

Working...
                              X