festiva max load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festiva max load?

hey im just wondering whats the most weight a festiva can handle and still get up hills?

The reason that I ask this is because my friends festiva is effected by the two of us being in the car and i was just wondering if i would have problems driving a festiva( I'm 6'2 190 pounds)

Well do you want to know what it can handle and still go up the hills at a decent speed or do you want to know what it will handle and still be able to move up the hill

because for that case, we have seen a festiva trailering a camper behind it, and it went up the hill, till he missed a gear and came flying back down the hill :-) that camper has to weight about 2500 lbs

Comment

all right thanks. that pretty much clears up my only concerns about getting a festiva.

i've was very suprised at the amount of leg and head room in them

Comment

yeah they are very roomy cars, moreso for the backseat passengers than in most other cars surprisingly.

Comment

I towed a seadoo without any trouble. Had 2 adults in the car!
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

thanks alot for your comments

Comment

I took a friends entire dorm room home with the back seat out LOL. that was fun.
              91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
              00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
              88 gtx
              74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

ive had 4 people(including me) in mine that were 200+ and it didnt slow mine that much at all. i did smoke the tires on a fairly steep hill with them in the car but i was trying to do it, car came behind me so i let off and took off rather quickly and i had a bad clutch then too.
                Jason
                wishing i had a festi again

Comment

Dude, I carried a 580 lb mercedes inline 5 cyl turbo diesel engine in the back of my stock carbed 1.3 with 380 lbs of people in the front seats. It ran all over town with no problem. I did my famous chase a festiva driver down the other day. The guy driving it was 6'7" and over 400 lbs. He loved it, had 3 and, was looking for another. he had plenty of room.
                  festiva... the great... underappreciated..... overachiever
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I pulled a Blazer K-5 with mine and everything was fine until I had to try a burn out with that heavy truck on me then my clutch went out but that was to be expected because my festiva has like 169,850 miles on it with all original parts nothing has ever been changed on it till now.
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2516620/1

Comment

I'm 6' 3", 210lbs and my festiva carts my big ass around with ease.

(keep in mind i just bought it this past saturday, it's my first, so i had my doubts as well..)

i'm also pretty impressed with it's highway driving. if any of you have ever been on the highways around philadelphia, they get pretty crazy. some very big cars and impatient drivers, but the festy keeps up.

Comment

festy over the mountains...

im 5'8" and 150, my cowarker is 6'5 and 280 i routinely drive this car over a 5000 ft mountain pass and the car will do a steady 60 to 65 in fourth all the way up, its a 91 fi, and i drive the wee out of it. average miles in my weekly commute are around 700-800 or more if visit my friends in chico, and ive taken it on hours long road trips at least 5 times
                        my first festiva was used to haul a 3 man drywall crew and all tools for about 7 mos, did fine, so long as your area isnt mountainous the festiva should do 70-85+ easy
                        is not sposed ta do that...
                        05 subaru legacy gt
                        1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
                        1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Im 6'6" about 180 pounds and i cant wait to get the tranny fixed in mine cause i dont have as much room in my metro as the festiva. I had 4 people in that metro and it did fine even with only a 1.0 three banger.

Comment

Working...
                          X