• Show
Clear All

• Electric Festiva

Anyone want to convert to electric?
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

I checked that out. $179 for the motor. Looked kinda weak. But what do I know ?

Here:

Warehouse distributor for many top name manufacturers. Parker Hydraulics, Hypro Pumps, Prince Hydraulics. Direct from the factory. Surplus equipment. We buy large quantities of manufacturer's surplus or excess stock.

That would be so cool for those 10 to 15 miles trips on a low MPH road :!: :lol:

Im surprized there are no EV festivas on this forum , they would make the perfect car for conversion @ 1750lbs
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva
      I checked that out. $179 for the motor. Looked kinda weak. But what do I know ?

Here:

Warehouse distributor for many top name manufacturers. Parker Hydraulics, Hypro Pumps, Prince Hydraulics. Direct from the factory. Surplus equipment. We buy large quantities of manufacturer's surplus or excess stock.

That would be so cool for those 10 to 15 miles trips on a low MPH road :!: :lol:

Im surprized there are no EV festivas on this forum , they would make the perfect car for conversion @ 1750lbs
      I'm surprised too. I've seen a couple on the web.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

People go for the metro because it has better areodynamics, or trucks because they can carry more batteries.

edit: I've considered making an electric festiva. I would use it just because I can get a rolling chassis for free, as opposed to spending money on a ranger or metro. I don't know if I would want to spend the couple grand it would take to do it right.
        OX SMASH!!

Comment

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

1987 Ford Festiva? I think he got the year wrong!
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

2,750 Lbs! :shock: That's 1000 lbs more than stock with only 11.5hp.
              So 0 to 60mph would be measued by what? A calender? :lol:
              ~Jeff
              1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
              1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
              2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

I wonder how much the range is reduced with the lights and the heater on. Id think an electric heater would take a lot of juice.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

How far do you thnk Damkid would get if he put his sterio in that car? three blocks?
                  ~Jeff
                  1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                  1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                  2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                    1987 Ford Festiva? I think he got the year wrong!
                    He probably looked at the door jam, saw somewhere between 9/87 and 12/87 and assumed it was an 87. Cars made after september are called the next model year. So a 10/87 manufacture date is an 88 year model vehichle.

Comment

the Festy was introduced in California in the spring of 87 as an 87 model, so it might be legit.
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0zone
                        How far do you thnk Damkid would get if he put his sterio in that car? three blocks?
                        hell, i wouldn't make it out of the driveway

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                        X