The Festy won't die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Festy won't die

Well I had to pu the silver Festy today....till I get the check to fix it.
    Long story short I tried to get the tow club I am a member of to bring the car back home but they said that it is only one tow per incident. So my intent to save money and make them do what I bought the membership for, was to drive it a short distance and then say...opppppss, it stopped and I don't know what's wrong.
    The place was about 10 miles from my house. I removed the hood in the parking lot and proceeded to drive. The exhuast is missing and the front smashed....

I decided to drive till the temp got to hot and then call the tow company. As I drove down the road it started to heat and antifreeze began to burn off the engine ( what little was left in the car...lol ). I looked at the guage and it had barely moved...so I kept driving. I went down all the side roads to avoid the cops thinking it would be easier to pull over and wait for the tow truck. I kept driving and watching the guage...still not even to the middle ...lol...so I kept driving and driving.... till the little beast made the final turn down my road and then into the drive. Still never reached mid guage and the damn thing just sat there and idled like it was ready for more...even though my ears were ringing from the lack of exhaust.
    Just thought I would share....sorry if it is to long.... HI HO SILVER!!
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Its really hard to kill a Festiva! Rebuild it!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

OK everyone GenevaDirt needs some parts!

Genevadirt post a list of what you need!

Lets see if we can get this festiva to Sping Ohiostiva!

Pu241
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

LOL....thanks Pu241, I really appreciate it...right now I have a pretty good line on some parts. There is a JY real close to me that has 4 of them in there and another down the road from that. I am just waiting on the insurance money now before I can do anything else with it. If there is anything I am lacking I will post away.
        In the mean time I do have another one that I am driving....so I will not go into withdrawels
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I have a grill!
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

Are you going to fix the A/C? I have a Hood.
            '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
            '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
            '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
            '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
            '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
            '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
            '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Typical story ending... the festiva makes it. Man that hurts, A/C too. :cry: Ill help find you some parts, probably got some already as a matter of fact. Silver to boot.
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

lol sounds like my festy motor.. we tried to blow it before we put in the b6t.. and well we drained the oil added some sand dirt gravel and some water.. started it til it died.. like 6 times all on video ill see if i can find them... and well just so ya know it still started and ran when we took the motor out.. damn thing would not die.
                1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
                festiva turbo b18 project
                2001 BMW 325i
                1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

^^ that has to be the funniest thing i have heard in a while maybe cuz it's like 1 in the morning and i'm studying for a final or maybe because it makes me feel really good about the fact that i just bought on of these cars as my primary car.
                  um...

Comment

that really doesn't look too bad... its a little hard to tell from those pics but it looks like only the rad support was affected and not the rails on the side. if thats the case then its really not too bad, on mine the whole front end was twisted about 3" left... and the rad support was a crushed up. it cost me about $300 to have them put it on a frame straightener... post up a list of all the parts you need and i'm sure you'll get tons of help

i see snow in one of those pics... with the hood off did you really think you could overheat a festiva?? even with almost no watter, in cold weather and w/o the hood on i'm guessing overheating would be really really hard.

good luck!
                    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Mizery wrote:

"lol sounds like my festy motor.. we tried to blow it before we put in the b6t.. and well we drained the oil added some sand dirt gravel and some water.. started it til it died.. like 6 times all on video ill see if i can find them... and well just so ya know it still started and ran when we took the motor out.. damn thing would not die."

Why :?:
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Nope Skeeter, side rails are good.... like you said...I think it will take me straightning the support as best I can, a hood, grill, side marker light, and both complete headlight setups....oh yes...and a radiator. Not to mention I have to put a complete exhaust on it after my brother in law and myself ripped it off putting the car into the trailer....lol.
                        Still waiting on the check from the insurance before I start the repairs....or I may buy a new one and strip this one...have to wait and see....shouldn't be much longer though.
                        Then I will see what I need for parts or see what I have available for everyone to pick over....lol
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        I will sleep when I die!

Comment

thats not bad at all... i bet you can do the whole thing for < $200. or bring it by and i'll do it for ya haha...
                          figure a hood will run ya around $25, $80 for headlights, and about $80 for a new rad (if you go used less)... as long as you do the work yourself, of course.

of course you have to do the exaust too, but still... don't junk it!!! festivas are becoming harder and harder to find,,,, keep it alive!
                          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Working...
                          X